Warning

Empty password not allowed.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Dogfight forum!

Tell us and other pilots who you are, what you like and why you became a Dogfight pilot.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC:

"All Gamplay is Fair Play" for 1 Week 8 years 7 months ago #294919

• Fly Free
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Sorry I'm taken ;)
  • Thank you received: 94
Gunzzz ok I agree but there is a problem I have found with your plan or plans from anyone:

Ok do your really think A LOT of people will follow this? There is a lot of stubborn, nasty people who are probably laughing so hard (and are the main ones who do this), and probably gonna use the ones who decided to not use these tactics to their advantage.

I'm pretty sure we both know there will be a group who doesn't follow this but I think it is bigger than u think.

I am barely in the sky but when I am I will follow this. bro I wish luck on this I think u do/done things that will and have changed dogfight to make it better.

Once again Good Luck and I got ur 6

~Ms. Fly Free
My pretty looks may be deceiving, cause darling... I'm trouble
The following user(s) said Thank You: D93 Big Gunzzz

Please Log in to join the conversation.

"All Gamplay is Fair Play" for 1 Week 8 years 7 months ago #294924

• D93 Big Gunzzz
  • D93 Big Gunzzz's Avatar Topic Author
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 2164

111th| Heroicz wrote:

D93 Big Gunzzz wrote: Husky

Yep. That was another way to think about it that crossed my mind. I got it that you are not in favor of this 1 week trial.

Thanks for dropping in and posting your opinion. I have to admit that so far everone has been very respectful on this thread with there posts. It is the way all threads should go.

From the looks of things now I would have to say it will not happen as almost all are against it.

Oh no my friend,
But it is happening, already my friend.. & almost if not just about everyday ? :)

Exactly!!!

"All Gamplay is Fair Play" for 1 Week 8 years 7 months ago #294926

• keel8166
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 89
So its a hall pass for Dogfight ? Lol
The following user(s) said Thank You: RT, D93 Big Gunzzz

"All Gamplay is Fair Play" for 1 Week 8 years 7 months ago #294927

• tailzz,vip
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • wtf
  • Thank you received: 92
That is how the game is played anyways. I'm for it, I can just see an issue with blacklist and bands during this time. For the players that don't know about it.

"All Gamplay is Fair Play" for 1 Week 8 years 7 months ago #294930

• D93 Big Gunzzz
  • Banned
  • Banned

[*M]bzerkbzerk wrote: You have been here for five months, I have played this game for three years. Others for five years and I can say with certainty that nothing will change, everyone has a style of play, good bad or indifferent.

I have seen this for the entirety of my conviction here and have seen thread after thread go round and round about glitches, dropping, up the middle and so on and so on. One constant here is the constant squabbling and the constant complaining over a game we all choose to play.

Deal with it in each game and when that game is over, start a new one and once in a great while you will get that game that is one of the best you've had in awhile. Encouraging others to engage in a free for all will settle nothing nor miraculously bond the hundreds of thousands who play and of those players there are few who visit the forum community.

Look around the forum categories and you will find many dead end threads with similar approaches, guess what? Nothing has changed other than new players who find this game. I as well as many will not purposely play like an arse unless an arse does it first, we handle it and continue on with the game.

You asked if any had been banned for tank spawn killing and if you want an answer, go explore the.black list as quite a few received bans when we still had global mods.and it is one of the very few rules made by Zuperman. Why haven't people beeped ban lately? Simply because we have no mods to do so, email Zup directly with screen shots and he will respond, or do as most and deal with it and move onto the next game.

Thanks for filling me in about the current situation with the mods. Makes sense as to why players are taking advantage of things.

I have been involved in these never ending debates about game play and have seen how they go so I get what you say about that. I also do exactly what you mentioned in your post, deal wih it in the game and move on to the next.

Have to admit that I didn't think by making all fair for 1 week would be so bad. I was even kind of for it just to see what some of these so called tactics or glitches are like since I have not used most of them. Have to be honest that yes in some way I am curious to know what it's like to use them and not always being on the receiving end of it.

Other than a very few select choices of arse play that I have used against those who have used them against me, I have never used most arse like play and yes, lol, I would like to give it a whirl. I don't because I play with respect for my fellow pilots.

"All Gamplay is Fair Play" for 1 Week 8 years 7 months ago #294932

• Roamer{W.P***}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1058
Hi Gunzz and the rest of the community,
I agree with everyone and no one. The way I see it some have a sense of fair play and others don't. I for one could care less how someone else plays although I might booo them if given the chance. But I know how I play isn't going to change. Some of the players who have been around awhile see certain things as unfair glitches because they remember the days of old when maybe 100 people were playing and updates and server changes hadn't happened yet, and life was good tra-la-la. But when you started you were on a more equal footing with each other you might even remember the 1st Moraf. Now there are Morafs everywhere and more arriving each day a noob might feel that that's the only way to survive not to mention that what a 40-50 year old sees as fair play isn't the same as a 13 year olds. I like the idea though Gunzz but how about modifying it to just a whiner free week, I mean really people you've got 20,000+ wins and you start complaining because someone going for their 50th snuck to get it, besides how many times has the complaining changed someones gameplay, I'm sure once or twice but thats all, sorry for the rambling its been a long day. The preceding msg was entirly my own opinion and should not be construed as being anyone elses.
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] McFate, Rudolf Rednose, Viper10{WP}, D93 Big Gunzzz

"All Gamplay is Fair Play" for 1 Week 8 years 7 months ago #294935

• D93 Big Gunzzz
  • Banned
  • Banned

Whiplash wrote: Isn't this the way we all play already? We all know what is against game rules (i.e tank spawn killing, swearing, etc) so aren't we all deciding not to use these things, the aspects that you call "unfair", because we have decided that's where our moral compass points?

If you do sway others to exploit game flaws and take advantage of unjust situations you think this will improve the game as a whole? I see it more as a catalyst to teaching more players to do what everyone complains about already.

I agree with others before, Hulk and Comet etc, that is the honorable players will play no differently and the rest may play with less honor so I don't see this working as you may have hoped.

I don't know which way this would turn out in the long run as I have mentioned before, but I for one was willing to give it a try. I am not sure if you saw some of the other posts. I get what Husky and now you say about this being a catalyst to more players. I see it happening already as the game already is.

I'm glad to hear from you guys to say that you will continue to play with honor. That what this thread and forum are here for. To allow us to voice our opinions.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Whiplash

"All Gamplay is Fair Play" for 1 Week 8 years 7 months ago #294937

• D93 Big Gunzzz
  • Banned
  • Banned

[NLR] McFate wrote: There are very few actual rules in dogfight. The ones that do exist are here to make the game more enjoyable for all. I don't think it is a good idea to suspend them in the game even in a temporary fashion for several reasons:

* only a small percentage of players actually visit the forum and would know what is going on.
* it would be a very bad example for all newer players.
* it would discourage noobs from staying.
* it may let a bad genie out of the bottle which could not be put back in.

I fully support the rules. I include taking advantage of unintentional glitches to be against the rules because it is game ruining behavior that either cannot be countered or is very difficult to counter. I include repeated spawnkilling to be against the rules because it can be used in a very abusive way. I include bashing of anyone to be against the rules because it is specifically forbidden in the actual rules.

If the intention is to experiment with tactical play(not cheating) everyone already has all of the permission/authorization to do so. If you would like to implement a week where those who play within the rules are to be free from bashing, shaming, berating and insults, please by all means, make it happen but do not suspend the rules which have been put forth by Zuperman/ echoboom.

(Edit) if Zup ever creates the ability to designate particular servers for particular styles I would prefer the "anything goes" version. Ideally glitches would not be exploited but part of the idea is to have nothing to complain about. The important distinction is that anyone there would be there by choice so it would not be "ruining" for anyone.

I think for the most part I have never agreed with you more on a topic. You made some very good points as to why this may be a bad choice. I also support the rules of dogfight and what you include into them. I believe many players do.

"All Gamplay is Fair Play" for 1 Week 8 years 7 months ago #294938

• D93 Big Gunzzz
  • Banned
  • Banned

keel8166 wrote: So its a hall pass for Dogfight ? Lol

Yep. That is what I am proposing.

Some guys are using it already. Just felt like roaming the halls a bit myself.

"All Gamplay is Fair Play" for 1 Week 8 years 7 months ago #294940

• D93 Big Gunzzz
  • Banned
  • Banned

tailzz,vip wrote: That is how the game is played anyways. I'm for it, I can just see an issue with blacklist and bands during this time. For the players that don't know about it.

I would think the 1 week time frame would cover that. At first many may not know what is going on but within a couple of days I think the message would get out to the majority. Should posts hit the blacklist they hopefully would be resolved immediately once the players are made aware of the situation.

Nice to see that you are open to this idea. Just remember that nothing is definite as of yet.

"All Gamplay is Fair Play" for 1 Week 8 years 7 months ago #294941

• [*M]bzerkbzerk
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 6993
I think you fail to recognize just how many people play this game and how few use this forum. Are you ready to take the responsibility for the players who may take your suggestions to heart and quite possibly get banned if one reports them for offenses committed against said rules from Zup.

"All Gamplay is Fair Play" for 1 Week 8 years 7 months ago #294942

• D93 Big Gunzzz
  • Banned
  • Banned

Larry G.{WP***} wrote: Hi Gunzz and the rest of the community,
I agree with everyone and no one. The way I see it some have a sense of fair play and others don't. I for one could care less how someone else plays although I might booo them if given the chance. But I know how I play isn't going to change. Some of the players who have been around awhile see certain things as unfair glitches because they remember the days of old when maybe 100 people were playing and updates and server changes hadn't happened yet, and life was good tra-la-la. But when you started you were on a more equal footing with each other you might even remember the 1st Moraf. Now there are Morafs everywhere and more arriving each day a noob might feel that that's the only way to survive not to mention that what a 40-50 year old sees as fair play isn't the same as a 13 year olds. I like the idea though Gunzz but how about modifying it to just a whiner free week, I mean really people you've got 20,000+ wins and you start complaining because someone going for their 50th snuck to get it, besides how many times has the complaining changed someones gameplay, I'm sure once or twice but thats all, sorry for the rambling its been a long day. The preceding msg was entirly my own opinion and should not be construed as being anyone elses.

I hear you bro. No need to apologize for anything.

I think the best point you made here is what a 40 yr old and a teen may consider to be fair and fun for that matter. I'm in my 40's and have been through more than my fair ordeals in dealing with the real world as I would think many of us of this age have. And like most of us at this age we are here to unwind a bit and enjoy some dogfight games without the bs, or at least that is what I think. If I was a teen I have to say I would probably be using it all too. I don't know if it's what most of the teens here are doing but if they are I can't blame them. I guess it would be fun for me too. Especially to hear some older players get mad about it. I would probably be cracking up. But I am in my 40's and those days have passed for me.

So in some way trying it out for 1 week would be a way to let that inner child in me out. I just may get some enjoyment from it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Roamer{W.P***}

"All Gamplay is Fair Play" for 1 Week 8 years 7 months ago #294947

• D93 Big Gunzzz
  • Banned
  • Banned

[*M]bzerkbzerk wrote: I think you fail to recognize just how many people play this game and how few use this forum. Are you ready to take the responsibility for the players who may take your suggestions to heart and quite possibly get banned if one reports them for offenses committed against said rules from Zup.

I do realize how big the community here is and that most do not use the forum. I was hoping that within the first few days word would get out.

The biggest problem with the rules of dogfight are that they are not easily seen. Even the rules tab in forum do not include them. To find them one must search for them and to tell you the truth I never have. How many players even know what the rules are? I for one have only seen some rules about cursing and using remarks towards others, well things of that nature, as well as team killing and tank spawn killing being bannable.

Once, in my very early days here McFate posted some statements from Zup himself on how he felt about spawn killing and camping. Zup seemed quite mad that players would use these tactics and at one point enforced an immunity for all so planes could take off, like I guess the noobs still have. Yet players use them both regularly. They have not been banned or warned to stop by Zup or enforcers of the rules of dogfight.

Other than that I haven't seen much of anything else. Then take into account what you and I have already discussed, that there are not moderators to enforce these rules, and players are just doing as they please. And why shouldn't they. They is no one to stop them. I don't agree with this, but they seem to think differently.

The one thing that I did not consider is that I should have ran this by Zup first as tank spawn killing would be one of the bannable tactics. I also had no intention of foul language and team killing to be a part of this trial. I guess I would think we all had at least that much common sense to not include those two things. Maybe once again that is wishful thinking on my part and if it was that really would be a shame.

"All Gamplay is Fair Play" for 1 Week 8 years 7 months ago #294949

• [*M]bzerkbzerk
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 6993

D93 Big Gunzzz wrote:

[*M]bzerkbzerk wrote: I think you fail to recognize just how many people play this game and how few use this forum. Are you ready to take the responsibility for the players who may take your suggestions to heart and quite possibly get banned if one reports them for offenses committed against said rules from Zup.

I do realize how big the community here is and that most do not use the forum. I was hoping that within the first few days word would get out.

The biggest problem with the rules of dogfight are that they are not easily seen. Even the rules tab in forum do not include them. To find them one must search for them and to tell you the truth I never have. How many players even know what the rules are? I for one have only seen some rules about cursing and using remarks towards others, well things of that nature, as well as team killing and tank spawn killing being bannable.

Once, in my very early days here McFate posted some statements from Zup himself on how he felt about spawn killing and camping. Zup seemed quite mad that players would use these tactics and at one point enforced an immunity for all so planes could take off, like I guess the noobs still have. Yet players use them both regularly. They have not been banned or warned to stop by Zup or enforcers of the rules of dogfight.

Other than that I haven't seen much of anything else. Then take into account what you and I have already discussed, that there are not moderators to enforce these rules, and players are just doing as they please. And why shouldn't they. They is no one to stop them. I don't agree with this, but they seem to think differently.

The one thing that I did not consider is that I should have ran this by Zup first as tank spawn killing would be one of the bannable tactics. I also had no intention of foul language and team killing to be a part of this trial. I guess I would think we all had at least that much common sense to not include those two things. Maybe once again that is wishful thinking on my part and if it was that really would be a shame.

User agreement which is pointed out before accept the user agreement points out that which you seek. Suppose most never read it and when some point out what is within the user agreement, those who fail to read it assume those to be, .... Well I guess you can complete that statement.

It isn't difficult to find an answer, look around.

"All Gamplay is Fair Play" for 1 Week 8 years 7 months ago #294952

• S99
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • I am more precise then a SNIPER!!...
  • Thank you received: 204

Why is tactics mistaken with unfair play like spawn killing and tank glitching? Tactics is the way in which we try to win against great aces'. And as much as my tactics book says I don't have any kinda glitch or spawn killing(except bomb run) in then. And those who use them sayin its a tactics shame on them!! They are the one who are making tactics look like a villain!! Guys I will recommend try this kinda gameplay for a week I am sure you will enjoy(tactical gameplay)!! Believe it or not it's real fun to rise high up leaving your base in danger and diving in the faith your teammate said ur clear to go.. Or maybe dropping when escorting bombers and you know that if the other person initiates a turnfight then it won't end or maybe they sneak. Or maybe you surprise them with a team formation attack which the reds expected to take you down alone!!

"All Gamplay is Fair Play" for 1 Week 8 years 7 months ago #294954

• Rudolf Rednose
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 2783

D93 Big Gunzzz wrote:

Combine that with S99's take on things.

Q.E.D.

"All Gamplay is Fair Play" for 1 Week 8 years 7 months ago #294955

• D93 Big Gunzzz
  • Banned
  • Banned

[*M]bzerkbzerk wrote:

D93 Big Gunzzz wrote:

User agreement which is pointed out before accept the user agreement points out that which you seek. Suppose most never read it and when some point out what is within the user agreement, those who fail to read it assume those to be, .... Well I guess you can complete that statement.

It isn't difficult to find an answer, look around.

AAAHHHHHH USER AGREEMENT

That's where I saw it. I knew I seen it somewhere when I first started, but didn't recall where. Thanks for reminding me.

Last edit: by D93 Big Gunzzz.

"All Gamplay is Fair Play" for 1 Week 8 years 7 months ago #294957

• MICHAEL KANE..
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1336
As far as I can see it.we need a seperate arena where anything goes so people can excersize their dont f#ck with me muscles..lol..and a SEPARATE acievement list that relates to it, so nothing that is done in this arena affects the main achievement board. If u work in a chocolate factory and r worried about ur staff stealing them let em have it..they will get so so sick of it in the end and never touch it again, same here.The only trouble is bg I think people will not stick to the month and cause havoc, then again we have no say on how others play.so although an interesting idea its not for me..

Last edit: by MICHAEL KANE...

"All Gamplay is Fair Play" for 1 Week 8 years 7 months ago #294959

• D93 Big Gunzzz
  • Banned
  • Banned

S99 wrote: Why is tactics mistaken with unfair play like spawn killing and tank glitching? Tactics is the way in which we try to win against great aces'. And as much as my tactics book says I don't have any kinda glitch or spawn killing(except bomb run) in then. And those who use them sayin its a tactics shame on them!! They are the one who are making tactics look like a villain!! Guys I will recommend try this kinda gameplay for a week I am sure you will enjoy(tactical gameplay)!! Believe it or not it's real fun to rise high up leaving your base in danger and diving in the faith your teammate said ur clear to go.. Or maybe dropping when escorting bombers and you know that if the other person initiates a turnfight then it won't end or maybe they sneak. Or maybe you surprise them with a team formation attack which the reds expected to take you down alone!!

Some players do feel that spawn killing and glitches are in-game tactics. It's a never ending dabate of what is fair, tactical, cheating, well you get the picture. Bottom line is that these are things that we all will never see eye to eye. Someone will always feel differently about one thing or another. That is why the only way this one weak trial can work is if all game play is allowed. That way there is no debate over what is consider fair or unfair.

Perfect example happened to me in a game tonight, which almost never does, about tactical play. I had dropped my bombs to get someone up high approaching my base. After I got him I came down to get a tank approaching my base, which I did. He was about a quarter way there. Instead of going back to my base to reload I headed on to enemy base. Good move? Nope!

I made it all the way to the enemy's hanger (without using any advantage to spiral or barrel around bullets - head on as I usually do) and was unable to bomb since I had none. Now I had an option. Continue flying and kill reds who are carrying. Nope, not cool by my standards. I decided to throttle down and allow myself to be a sitting duck. Didn't even want it to happen where I could tank as I felt that run was not an earned run.

That's an example of how even a planned tactical decision to drop can go bad. At least I did not abuse the advantage that I had over the others at the time. It's common sense and decency. Some may say stupidity, but as I always state, my stats and winning are not that important to me.

It is also an example of how I go about playing this game. How I try to keep it fair within a game.

1 week to let it all hang out. Even though many players have made great points as to why not, I still wouldn't mind giving it a go. I wouldn't want to do it unless we were all in favor of it. It wouldn't sit right with me.

"All Gamplay is Fair Play" for 1 Week 8 years 7 months ago #294961

• D93 Big Gunzzz
  • Banned
  • Banned

Rudolf Rednose wrote:

D93 Big Gunzzz wrote:

Combine that with S99's take on things.

Q.E.D.

Correct me if I am wrong here, which I know that I am not. You are responding to this thread like you have never decided to take advantage of situations. Remember the days of invisiblity? Well I was a relatively new guy here and you took advantage of it going around killing everyone and bombing hangers while you were invisible. Not in just one game either. It was in a few games and that is just from what I saw.

Other than that I will admit that I have never seen you do anything else that I would consider unfair.

I am quite sure many if not all players have been guilty of choosing a debatable tactic at one point or another. At least with S99 his choice to drop is a very debatable and iffy topic. Some see it as right and others wrong with both sides stating some valid points.

The only valid point to invisiblity is that you can't be killed.

This entire thread was being replied to with respect the entire time. I was quite shocked to see this even though there were some differences in opinions.

Then this post came along.

"All Gamplay is Fair Play" for 1 Week 8 years 7 months ago #294962

• D93 Big Gunzzz
  • Banned
  • Banned

MICHAEL KANE.. wrote: As far as I can see it.we need a seperate arena where anything goes so people can excersize their dont f#ck with me muscles..lol..and a SEPARATE acievement list that relates to it, so nothing that is done in this arena affects the main achievement board. If u work in a chocolate factory and r worried about ur staff stealing them let em have it..they will get so so sick of it in the end and never touch it again, same here.The only trouble is bg I think people will not stick to the month and cause havoc, then again we have no say on how others play.so although an interesting idea its not for me..

Muscles? You wanna see muscles???

I got the Big Gunzzz to flex around :woohoo:

JK of course. Just hoping I put a smile on your face :)

Always nice to see you around Mike and to hear your take on things.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MICHAEL KANE..

"All Gamplay is Fair Play" for 1 Week 8 years 7 months ago #294980

• [NLR] McFate
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Don't believe everything you think.
  • Thank you received: 5398
Reposted because it was replied to before I finished....

Last edit: by [NLR] McFate.

"All Gamplay is Fair Play" for 1 Week 8 years 7 months ago #294984

• D93 Big Gunzzz
  • Banned
  • Banned

[NLR] McFate wrote:

D93 Big Gunzzz wrote:
Some players do feel that spawn killing and glitches are in-game tactics. It's a never ending dabate of what is fair, tactical, cheating, well you get the picture. Bottom line is that these are things that we all will never see eye to eye. Someone will always feel differently about one thing or another. ...

No. You missed it gunzzz. There are rules and statements made by Zuperman, then there is "etiquette" which some (including you ) try to claim are "unwritten rules". It does not matter how you feel about the "unwritten rules", they still are just your feelings and not actual rules.

[NLR] McFate wrote: Official Echoboom/zuperman sanctioned rules:

In fact, the only official "rules" are listed on a thread titled:

*Read before posting* Forum Rules/Etiquette (This thread has been locked and stickied to the top of the Gossip section.)

Under the section "Dogfight (in game) and Dogfight Forum Rules" eighteen rules are listed. The only one pertaining to in-game play is:

17. (In game only) Do not team kill, destroy our own bases or anything else that would be deemed "gameplay ruining"

The other "rules" are about various legal issues and various forms and types of communication. For example:

12. Do not bash other players or squadrons either in forum or in game.

13. Absolutely no flaming/trolling or heavy swearing. You will be banned for a certain amount of time which is at the discretion of the Admin/Mod.

14. Help new players.

16. We respect other people's thoughts, opinions and beliefs.

18. Remember: The use of Dogfight and forum is a privilege, not a right. The Dogfight staff reserves the right to revoke access and remove content without notice. This includes being muted or banned in game.

Give me a minute......more to come

No need to go nitpicking once again as you usually do. I can't believe you went this way even after I thought I was giving you a compliment by stating that I actually agreed with your other post.

As for the written rules, I have been guilty numerous of times of team killing. Even on purpose. I have done it with just cause though, but never for the sake of just team killing someone or for my own amuzement. This is a good example of how one can use common sense to justify their actions.

Ooohhh McFate...you missed it not me man. You are so stuck are these written rules that you can't see into common sense and decency. Example: bombing someone's thread with multiple posts. You do it all too often.

"All Gamplay is Fair Play" for 1 Week 8 years 7 months ago #294987

• [NLR] McFate
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Don't believe everything you think.
  • Thank you received: 5398
Reposting since you quoted before I finished. This is not nitpicking. This is a collection of the actual quotes and official statements by the game maker. Do your homework. I have done mine.

D93 Big Gunzzz wrote:
Some players do feel that spawn killing and glitches are in-game tactics. It's a never ending dabate of what is fair, tactical, cheating, well you get the picture. Bottom line is that these are things that we all will never see eye to eye. Someone will always feel differently about one thing or another. ...

No. You missed it gunzzz. There are rules and statements made by Zuperman, then there is "etiquette" which some (including you ) try to claim are "unwritten rules". It does not matter how you feel about the "unwritten rules", they still are just your feelings and not actual rules.

I've done my homework here and I've posted links to this thread in our conversations before but apparently you missed it. So here is the link and some excerpts from Visit The Unofficial Dogfight Law Library (the words in light blue are a link)

One thing that I am missing is the official word about tank spawnkilling. I believe the only definitive statements about that were made by either Manfred or Slenderman when they were Moderators. If anyone can find it please let me know so I can add the link.
(Edit) I also need the quotes regarding taking advantage of glitches.

[NLR] McFate wrote: Official Echoboom/zuperman sanctioned rules:

In fact, the only official "rules" are listed on a thread titled:

*Read before posting* Forum Rules/Etiquette (This thread has been locked and stickied to the top of the Gossip section.)

Under the section "Dogfight (in game) and Dogfight Forum Rules" eighteen rules are listed. The only one pertaining to in-game play is:

17. (In game only) Do not team kill, destroy our own bases or anything else that would be deemed "gameplay ruining"

The other "rules" are about various legal issues and various forms and types of communication. For example:

12. Do not bash other players or squadrons either in forum or in game.

13. Absolutely no flaming/trolling or heavy swearing. You will be banned for a certain amount of time which is at the discretion of the Admin/Mod.

14. Help new players.

16. We respect other people's thoughts, opinions and beliefs.

18. Remember: The use of Dogfight and forum is a privilege, not a right. The Dogfight staff reserves the right to revoke access and remove content without notice. This includes being muted or banned in game.

[NLR] McFate wrote:

The golden rule of Dogfight:
"Let others have fun and you'll have fun."
From Let people take off (By zuperman)

zuperman wrote: ...The idea is very simple: anything that could ruin the game for you or other players if repeated constantly is not allowed...

Do we really need to spell out a rule book when you know you are ruining the game for all the other team? If you know it is ruining the game, you know it is wrong. Trying to excuse it with: where are the rules? It's like pissing on the kitchen of a bar and say that there is no sign saying it's forbidden.

Privacy Policy and Terms of Use

Zuperman posts on spawnkilling

[NLR] McFate wrote: Posts about rules re: Spawn killing by Zuperman

Visit The Unofficial Dogfight Law Library

From Let people take off (By zuperman) :

zuperman wrote: Guys, I'm disappointed that I always have to modify stuff so people don't abuse the system.

I mean, it's common sense and it hurts you otherwise. I'm talking now about letting players take off. In the past 3 days every time I log in,someone different is flying around the enemy airport and then shooting players before they take off.

Problem? Well, usually they are new people who just playing for the first or second time, after 2 minutes without any hope because usually the person doing this is a way higher rank, they leave the game and NEVER come back, writing reviews saying the game is boring.

I find myself alone on my team while this person flying is just collecting points. Obviously if they know who I am, they stop, but since I'm not always playing it's just bothers me that this person is not able to have some kind of manners towards players.

So what now? I'm forced to add an inmunity option for maybe 30 seconds after take off, or maybe just ban everyone that shoots me 2 times before i take off with a message that says "you are a jerk" or similar :P
you get the idea. let others have fun and you'll have fun. My idea of fun is not to login and leave myself alone on my side with no enemies playing.

To clarify as much as possible, ;)

Though Zuperman does not "approve" of spawnkilling, he doesn't seem to want to make the rules hard lines. He doesn't say "Do it once and you're out."

Also from Let people take off (By zuperman) :

zuperman wrote: ... From my point of view spawn killing is bad, period. No excuse for it. Everybody does it eventually because it just happen but setting a rule to when it is ok is completely unnecessary.
It is like cursing. You do it from time to time and nobody will say anything... Now go in a cursing tirade and you get banned.

From Zuperman-Kindly Clarify? :

zuperman wrote: I don't think we need to write the rules every 6 months. The idea is very simple: anything that could ruin the game for you or other players if repeated constantly is not allowed.
There is no need to repeat it for every single specific case that may arise: now you can tank on this corner of the map, is it allowed to spawn kill? Now you can jump with one leg on a building, is it allowed to spawn kill there?

To me is pretty obvious, we already said no spawn killing.

Do we really need to spell out a rule book when you know you are ruining the game for all the other team? If you know it is ruining the game, you know it is wrong. Trying to excuse it with: where are the rules? It's like pissing on the kitchen of a bar and say that there is no sign saying it's forbidden.

When asked for a set of rules, Zup has let it be known that he does not feel that it is necessary to make definitive statements for each situation. He has chosen to let people fly as they see fit as long as they are reasonable. See his actual quotes and links to them in the UDL. There are no rules about dropping, camping or sneaking. Just before Wig left the game (former moderator) he had been working on an official set of rules, he sent me a copy. They were written with the assumption that there were going to be active in-game moderators. A large portion of his rule book was dedicated to how the moderators would monitor the blacklist and would judge complaints and screenshots. I don't know if you ever read any of Wig' s posts but this was the most didactic drivel I'd ever seen come from him. It was some dry, boring stuff and required a lot of attention from the volunteer moderators, mostly due to the fact that they had to settle and judge arguments between players..."He did this!"..."no I didn't!"...."My wheels were still on the ground!"....ugh. on and on.....

The way it is now may not be perfect but it has not been using as much time and hassle as the moderator system seemed to. Regardless, he has expressed that he wants people to fly as they see fit as long as it is not abusive to other players.
;)

(Lol, I see that you couldn't wait until I finished even though I said "more to come")
I'm not arguing. I'm providing the information that you were referring to. No go do your homework and come back and tell everyone where you came up with the idea that the "unwritten rules" should exclude any type of play. Your feelings are not rules. Also, unless a thread is posted in a specific squad section it is open for all to post. If you want to "own" your threads ask Zup for a section to moderate. ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rudolf Rednose, RT, con estilo, Gustavo fire

Last edit: by [NLR] McFate.

"All Gamplay is Fair Play" for 1 Week 8 years 7 months ago #294989

• ravi.kant
  • Thank you received: 7
:evil: One thing what I think is odd here.
See even in real world ,If being a pilot I am inside enemy territory ,I will try to destroy everything there in that single sortie ,In short will try to have air superiority ,I will try not to let them take off as my co pilots will be there in seconds and together we destroy enemy tottaly. This is what a war is,this is the way war is,n this is the only way war will be.

WHAT IS THIS SPAWN KILLING...?????
I think this is not cheat, it is capability to hound over enemy base n not let them even takeoff till your mates come.Its not so easy too.
what you think guys....???
-+*!INTRUDER!*+-
javascript:void(0)

"All Gamplay is Fair Play" for 1 Week 8 years 7 months ago #294994

• D93 Big Gunzzz
  • Banned
  • Banned
McFate

So what is the point that you are trying to make. You are supplying me with some rules from Zup. Btw almost all those rules are broken by players each and every day, whether it's in a game or here on forum. Many of the times it's often the same players that are guilty of this. You know what though, these players are all still around doing the same things. So what good is it to have a set of rules if they are not enforced and respected anyway? Obviously it's not working too well here as players say and do as they please. I don't mean for that to sound so bad as the majority are very respectful towards eachother.

Now what does any of this even have to do with this thread. Yes you have every right to state what you like on this thread. The problem that I see is that you come to a thread and bomb them with insults and stray them away from what is being discussed.

Reread all the posts to get a full understanding of what is being discussed here if you have to.

You are either for it or against it. It's a simply thing to answer to. If you read the very first reply made by Comet would would see how easy it is. Sharing your thoughts about it is also appreciated as I thanked you in your previous post. But that's not enough for you. You somehow have to come back over and over and over again. Nitpicking.

Other players don't seem to have this problem, but somehow you do. From the minute I posted this thread I knew it would only be a matter of time before you showed up doing your usually routine.

"All Gamplay is Fair Play" for 1 Week 8 years 7 months ago #294995

• D93 Big Gunzzz
  • Banned
  • Banned

ravi.kant wrote: :evil: One thing what I think is odd here.
See even in real world ,If being a pilot I am inside enemy territory ,I will try to destroy everything there in that single sortie ,In short will try to have air superiority ,I will try not to let them take off as my co pilots will be there in seconds and together we destroy enemy tottaly. This is what a war is,this is the way war is,n this is the only way war will be.

WHAT IS THIS SPAWN KILLING...?????
I think this is not cheat, it is capability to hound over enemy base n not let them even takeoff till your mates come.Its not so easy too.
what you think guys....???
-+*!INTRUDER!*+-

I value your opinion about game play, but this thread is not about that. Read the original post that I made and let us know if this is something that you are for or against if you wish.

"All Gamplay is Fair Play" for 1 Week 8 years 7 months ago #295016

• Viper10{WP}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Tip of the spear
  • Thank you received: 7914

D93 Big Gunzzz wrote:

In this thread and a subsequent thread you are writing first person. That strongly suggests you are wanting to play a style which contradicts all your previous posts, and trying to get others onboard with the idea, effectively creating your own "hall pass" as it were without all the obvious backlash it would generate. On the heels of your post about how everyone should play "fair", then you show up using a tank glitch..... That would be some very, very bad public relations on your part.

Do as you wish, play how you like, but for god's sake, stand by your convictions and principals already. In the long run your word is more important than any video game, and consistency is the key.

United We Prowl/Together We Howl
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] McFate, D93 Big Gunzzz

"All Gamplay is Fair Play" for 1 Week 8 years 7 months ago #295017

• Skeeter72{WP}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Everyone has a plan, untill punched in the mouth.
  • Thank you received: 1949
I'd rather die a Jedi, than live one day as Vader.

"The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his". - George Patton
The following user(s) said Thank You: RT, Viper10{WP}, D93 Big Gunzzz

"All Gamplay is Fair Play" for 1 Week 8 years 7 months ago #295018

• Viper10{WP}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Tip of the spear
  • Thank you received: 7914

And seriously, who doesn't want to include a boxing announcer as a commentator in this thread? "In the red corner, weighing in at 196 pounds, wearing the striped seimens shuckert, from NLR, Mac"The Soul Crusher" FATEEEEEEEEEE! In the blue corner, at 192 pounds, wearing the multi-colored camel F1, fighting independent, D93 "The Tommy Gun" GUUUNNNZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!"

LOL you two are at it again. I just couldn't resist tossing some completely useless and irrelevant text in the mix. My way of saying you are both wasting time and effort arguing with one another on the internet.

But hey, let me step aside now. Please, continue.

United We Prowl/Together We Howl
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] McFate, D93 Big Gunzzz

Time to create page: 0.590 seconds