Warning

Empty password not allowed.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Dogfight forum!

Tell us and other pilots who you are, what you like and why you became a Dogfight pilot.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Dogfight: one of a kind 8 years 11 months ago #269219

• [AOV] nine ball
  • [AOV] nine ball's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 117
Hey folks, just wanted to make this thread for some of the new players to know the good side of dogfight, if I was new to this game and to forum, and saw over 60% of the threads are about problems, I would try to avoid the game as much as possible, So this thread is only for people who got Good things to say about Dogfight. For example, you might enjoy Dogfight, cause you make great friends and learn awesome things about other people. That's all its all about.

The Glory of dogfight and what makes it one of a Kind
Sir Ball of Nine

The wages of sin was, is, and will always be death
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M]VonHuLK, MICHAEL KANE.., TOPH, Gannet, Angel Kat

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Dogfight: one of a kind 8 years 11 months ago #269221

• [AOV] nine ball
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
So to get it started ill Go first, I love like dogfight a lot, its the only game on my phone that I actually use actual skills, not just sit there and upgrade things, Dogfight has actually been a answer for my prayers, when I first got this new phone, I was used to windows at all, but I've always dreamed of a game, kinda like call of duty were I control every movement and not just sit there in the third person watching, I like the intense battles, and if your new to this game cause its the best one you will have on ur phone, dont mind the lag and game ruiners to much, they will be Gone in due time, But my two favorite motto is: Absolutely Nothing is perfect, and there was is and always be room,for improvements. Enjoy the game.
Sir Ball of Nine

The following user(s) said Thank You: TOPH, Gannet

Dogfight: one of a kind 8 years 11 months ago #269223

• Angel Kat
  • Thank you received: 13
I guess I should probably say something haha well for one I have this crazy obsession of playing games where you can fly and be in control and this game is really good for that. Not to mention the planes we fly in this game are identical to real planes that were flew in WW1. Lastly i really like how theres a huge social part in the game which keeps it from ever getting boring and also makes it really enjoyable and ive made so many friends on this game from all over the world. and I look forward to playing it everyday! :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gannet, [AOV] nine ball

Dogfight: one of a kind 8 years 11 months ago #269247

• Roamer{W.P***}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1058
I've been playing about 8 months and I have to admit how addicted I've become to it. Not just the game but the community of players. When the last server crash happened everyone around me noticed a difference in my attitude (not for the better either) and once things were up and running again actually encouraged me to go back to playing because for some apparent reason I'm more relaxed and less stress inducing to them when I play regularly, go figure. Also like nineball said (by they way that's a great game to play live also) nothing is perfect, but if you stick it out sometimes even the glitches in life can lead to a simple happiness. Great game but even better community. There now I got to go shoot someone (in the game that is).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gannet, [AOV] nine ball

Dogfight: one of a kind 8 years 11 months ago #269283

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 13143
Thanks!
Please help me get the next version up and running. Hit the "vote for this project" at the bottom of challengepost.com/software/dogfight-elite-vr
The following user(s) said Thank You: Acegirl

Dogfight: one of a kind 8 years 11 months ago #269284

• Stormbringer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • You may win the battle but not the war
  • Thank you received: 577

done

Dogfight: one of a kind 8 years 11 months ago #269287

• [LB] Pedrinho
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • I took the RED PILL!
  • Thank you received: 2425

zuperman wrote: Thanks!
Please help me get the next version up and running. Hit the "vote for this project" at the bottom of challengepost.com/software/dogfight-elite-vr

Well, what can I say, Zup? Three things:
1 - This VR thing is gonna ROCK! (hope these gadgets doesnt cost a limb tho);
2 - Zupperman, you dropper!!! We are going to BAN YOU from your own game!!! hahahahahahahahahah
3 - Zuperman, at least I know ONE PERSON in this forum who speaks English worse than me!

:P :P

Now, being serious: This topic's title says it all: Dogfight is one of a kind. OK, there are some other (few) online WWI airplane combat games on the market - but NO ONE is as good as Dogfight, NO ONE is multi-platform, and NO ONE is so addictive as Dogfight.

This game is the only one I keep on my phone and my tablet since I played it for the first time - about three years ago.

Warning: when I say it is addictive, believe me, and be carefull!

(And no, I am not making any profit or geting any benefit by writing this!)
:lol:

I took the RED PILL!
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] The Blue Fighter, Acegirl, [AOV] nine ball

Last edit: by [LB] Pedrinho.

Dogfight: one of a kind 8 years 11 months ago #269321

• [*M] MISFIT CROCKETT
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 13215
Well I for one am not addicted to dogfight. Even though I love this game I could quit any time, I mean I could quit cold turkey, of course I would have to kick the wife, kill the dog, beat up the kids, stab the neighbors, run over the cat and take a sluge hammer to any red car I see.
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M]VonHuLK, Acegirl, Gannet, [AOV] nine ball

Dogfight: one of a kind 8 years 11 months ago #269597

• [AOV] nine ball
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
To give proof to what I said about Dogfight being One of a kind you can check the stores your self, I spent two months not playing dogfight cause I did not have a lot of time to play. And let me tell u folks, u haven't played a Good match till u playa good 2 to 3 hour game, that's were u see the skills and endurance of the dogfight players. Anyway during my two months, I never uninstalled Dogfight out of fear I might forget my password and login. And so I left it and tried other plane, simulation games, trying to see if any Games in the store could hold a candle to dogfight. And if u think I'm just sitting here lying to u, u can go to the windows store right this second, every plane game on there I have played. Even on android, I had a tablet, and still tried to see if the android store faired any better. Both of them had the worst simulation games know to man, bad graphics, bad controls, u name it, they had it, The worst one I played, It wasn't even possible to do a barrel roll, how else am I going to escape, von hulks deadly line of fire if I can't do a simply barrel roll. Anyway like I said if u dont believe me go to the app stores right now, android and windows, I dont have Apple so I can't say what they have and if they can compete, if you have Apple go and try em out and tell me what u think.
Sir Ball of Nine

Dogfight: one of a kind 8 years 11 months ago #269649

• [TFL] Robert33
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Hoot Hoot Shoot
  • Thank you received: 411
What makes Dogfight special to me... is that it somehow compels me to allot one day/night a week, in spite of my now hectic work schedule, to do some aero-dancing with the resident aces of the game... when in reality, I could really just stop to make my scheduling easier...

As far as recent WWI flight games are concerned, this game is one of the best, if not the best in the market. It has even outlasted another WWI flight game called "Rise of Glory" (heard that the server for that game closed down recently due to lack of players).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Acegirl, [AOV] nine ball

Dogfight: one of a kind 8 years 11 months ago #269705

• [AOV] nine ball
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

[TFL] Robert33 wrote: What makes Dogfight special to me... is that it somehow compels me to allot one day/night a week, in spite of my now hectic work schedule, to do some aero-dancing with the resident aces of the game... when in reality, I could really just stop to make my scheduling easier...

As far as recent WWI flight games are concerned, this game is one of the best, if not the best in the market. It has even outlasted another WWI flight game called "Rise of Glory" (heard that the server for that game closed down recently due to lack of players).

Yea I have tried that game, lasted an hour on my phone, it didn't have much lag but I couldn't get passed choice of word 'fragged used everytime someone gets killed. And its also one of the ones I couldn't barrel roll in.
Sir Ball of Nine

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.485 seconds