Warning

Empty password not allowed.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Dogfight forum!

Tell us and other pilots who you are, what you like and why you became a Dogfight pilot.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!
  • Page:

TOPIC:

MIG.29 Tank Spawnkilling- How to deal such player? 9 years 1 month ago #258013

• [*M]Comet
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Take off eh!
  • Thank you received: 11899

MiG.29 wrote: This is what you think. With an empty Rules section tag you cannot ban anyone based on rumours or people's opinion. Otherwise Google and Apple can ban your game if it is escalated to a legal ground (especially if one has paid to play this game and paid for in-game buys). I won't suggest going that direction. It is easier and cheaper to populate the Rules section instead.

How is a quote from Zuperman himself a rumour or opinion? You need to put less effort into proving that you're a pumpkin head and more effort into just saying "I'll play honourably".

Quit playing dumb about this...many pilots have been banned because of this and you know it.
Bannerless and naked. Whatever...
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] The Blue Fighter, [GI2] Grim Repo, {GI} E*A*G*L*E

Please Log in to join the conversation.

MIG.29 Tank Spawnkilling- How to deal such player? 9 years 1 month ago #258018

• {GI} E*A*G*L*E
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Long live GI
  • Thank you received: 3213

MiG.29 wrote: This is what you think. With an empty Rules section tag you cannot ban anyone based on rumours or people's opinion. Otherwise Google and Apple can ban your game if it is escalated to a legal ground (especially if one has paid to play this game and paid for in-game buys). I won't suggest going that direction. It is easier and cheaper to populate the Rules section instead.

Are you really that dense?

MiG.29 wrote: You continue to hope this. I am writing in general. This not necessarily means I will tank spawn. You're trying to encourage Zup to ban someone but if his game gets banned in the end it is his revenues impacted, not yours. If he wants to regulate the game then the rules must we written somewhere. I suppose he created the Rules tag for this purpose but never put anything there.

Everything else told here is subjective. Look at this sentence:

"anything that could ruin the game for you or other players if repeated constantly is not allowed".

Bombing enemy's hangars will ruin the game for your enemy because game will finish in the end. If some
one bombs hangars repetitively is not allowed. Logical?

1- Define what spam killing is in Rules
2- Define the consequences of spawn killing

Then you've right to talk about rules. Otherwise what you write remains in air.

If you start using swearwords I can use too. Perhaps you your watch your mouth (or keyboard) at first.

You seem to be the sort of person that would argue if the sky is blue. If you are a reasonable and intelligent person, you understand exactly what Zup is saying, but since you aren't reasonable, and just want to play with semantics, etc. you're acting like a little child.
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] The Blue Fighter

Last edit: by {GI} E*A*G*L*E.

MIG.29 Tank Spawnkilling- How to deal such player? 9 years 1 month ago #258023

• Jasonmc
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 804

MiG.29 wrote: I don't have to search for quotes from Zup. Just search "spawn" in forum. It gives 467 pages (not entries, pages!). You cannot find anything sensible that way. Yet rules section is empty. No search is needed, just one click away but empty. If Zup has banned people because of their misbehaviour he is lucky that his game is not blocked so far because of complaints.

Again guys I am not saying I will play dishonourable but I am trying to point something general here. I am not defending repetitive spawn killing by tank or team killing etc. I would definitely piss-off if something similar happened to me but if this has had happened to me there was nothing to baseline the complaint because there is no written rule preventing this (apart from some 2 years old messages to some ex-players).

Are you one of those dumb smart people? The more you try to justify an action the more guilty you look.
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] The Blue Fighter, [*M]Comet, {GI} E*A*G*L*E

MIG.29 Tank Spawnkilling- How to deal such player? 9 years 1 month ago #258024

• Weather[*M]an
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • C'est la vie
  • Thank you received: 2065

MiG.29 wrote: You continue to hope this. I am writing in general. This not necessarily means I will tank spawn. You're trying to encourage Zup to ban someone but if his game gets banned in the end it is his revenues impacted, not yours. If he wants to regulate the game then the rules must we written somewhere. I suppose he created the Rules tag for this purpose but never put anything there.

Everything else told here is subjective. Look at this sentence:

"anything that could ruin the game for you or other players if repeated constantly is not allowed".

Bombing enemy's hangars will ruin the game for your enemy because game will finish in the end. If some
one bombs hangars repetitively is not allowed. Logical?

1- Define what spam killing is in Rules
2- Define the consequences of spawn killing

Then you've right to talk about rules. Otherwise what you write remains in air.

If you start using swearwords I can use too. Perhaps you your watch your mouth (or keyboard) at first.

Alright last one here and I'm done. Forum is PG-13 and am well within and aware of what I can and cannot say. I don't need a lecture from some pandering "holier-than-thou" jerkoff.

Secondly, it has been known and established without it being in a "Rules Thread". Trying to slink off on a perceived technicality is low (but then again what else should we expect). It is his creation and he is allowed to do with it as he sees fit including banning players for rule violations that he stated whether they were in a specific location or not (hopefully he also exercises this right on you).

In conclusion, I hope you get a chance to make a complaint (mostly because this means you would be banned :woohoo: ). I think you would find that what you are saying actually has no power, but please keep thinking it does. It is quite amusing.
Ignorance has a way of enlightening us all.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasonmc, [NLR] The Blue Fighter, [*M]Comet, {GI} E*A*G*L*E

MIG.29 Tank Spawnkilling- How to deal such player? 9 years 1 month ago #258026

• Rudolf Rednose
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 2783
Sigh.......

MIG.29 Tank Spawnkilling- How to deal such player? 9 years 1 month ago #258029

• {GI} E*A*G*L*E
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Long live GI
I didn't go search, this is a thread that was started 2 days ago, and Zup's last statement was 1 day ago.

Ok it's not in the rules section, it doesn't matter. As he pointed out, do you need everything in a special section to know not to do it?

As to you saying that you won't play dishonorable, you have already said that you will do what you want since there aren't any rules and it's a war game. Therefore, you're just giving lip service.

Maybe you're my brother, he also likes to argue just for arguing sake.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MiG.29, [NLR] The Blue Fighter

MIG.29 Tank Spawnkilling- How to deal such player? 9 years 1 month ago #258033

• {GI} E*A*G*L*E
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Long live GI
Nope, I love my brother despite his faults because he is my brother, you are something entirely different, and I truly do hope Zup lays down the law with you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dognamitt

MIG.29 Tank Spawnkilling- How to deal such player? 9 years 1 month ago #258047

• MEAN FOKKER
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 814
Yes im not saying i will not play dishonarable but iwill keep spawnkilling to ruin games y mig 29 is sitting there spawnkilling in his tank giving a chance to get off runway ..he even states he would be pissed off to but wouldnt say anything yea right mig..whatever ..your ruining games for you cause its putting you on blacklist and ruining for other players..and its a rule you just stated that rule... i qouted on another page to eagle ...some people just dont have common sense or consideration because zup is the one that stated it was common sense to understand tank spawnkilling is forbidden in any dogfight mission[that means all missions] ty Mean Fokker.P.S. and it said brake for you cant be shot by enemy planes didnt say anything about tanks i do remember that..because as long as ive been playing, tanks and being bombed BY PLANES has always put u back to respawn [WICH MEANS BEING KILLED]...btw you are right about page cant be found and showing error cause that's the same place I read HACKING OR USING GLITCHES IS A BANNEDABLE OFFENSE AND LOSS OF USING DOGFIGHT AND FORUM PRIVELEDGES...AND I FIND THAT ERROR ALSO...BUT I READ THEM AND I STILL ABIDE BY THEM and remember them as well...THANK YOU...

MiG.29 wrote: I don't have to search for quotes from Zup. Just search "spawn" in forum. It gives 467 pages (not entries, pages!). You cannot find anything sensible that way. Yet rules section is empty. No search is needed, just one click away but empty. If Zup has banned people because of their misbehaviour he is lucky that his game is not blocked so far because of complaints.

Again guys I am not saying I will play dishonourable but I am trying to point something general here. I am not defending repetitive spawn killing by tank or team killing etc. I would definitely piss-off if something similar happened to me but if this has had happened to me there was nothing to baseline the complaint because there is no written rule preventing this (apart from some 2 years old messages to some ex-players).

The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] The Blue Fighter, dognamitt

Last edit: by MEAN FOKKER.

MIG.29 Tank Spawnkilling- How to deal such player? 9 years 1 month ago #258055

• [NLR] Octavia
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 334
See, the thing is, the "rules" are more along the lines of perceived guidelines agreed from a general consensus. But seriously, aren't all laws the same thing?

You keep calling the act of spawnkilling and likes of such, "subjective", and therefore, cannot be officially condemned. From that logic, the same could apply to any and all actual crime in the real world. Lying, stealing, or even murder can be seen as "subjective" or even justified in some cases. However, the general population believes that for the most part, they are wrong. Does that make it illegitimate?

Yes, I know, in the real world there are concrete and complex laws in place to dictate the gray areas of crime. But, you cannot demand the same from Dogfight online. Do you know why?

Because you have no right to.

The game is not yours. It doesn't belong to you, or neither of us here. The only real "official" rules are the ones stated in the legal terms and agreements that you consented to when you started playing. Did you read that?

You may have paid for the game, but all that bought you was a limited license to use the OFFLINE portion of the game. The online use, including the use of the forums, can be changed, modified, suspended, or discontinued AT ANY TIME. Zuperman can ban us all from online play, refund our subscriptions, and shut it all down whenever he damn well pleases. He needs no justification whatsoever. Does that sound subjective, MiG?

But instead, he keeps the game alive the best he can and updates both the game, and the forum with progress. He does so, through passion and consideration of the community.

Consideration. That's a big word for this topic. It's the reason we have unofficial rules, the reason why most players urge others to follow them, the reason why Zuperman is willing to ban spawnkillers from ruining the game for others, the reason why so many are arguing against your logic.

You know, we all have a little entity inside of us that tells us when things are right, and when things are wrong. It's called a conscience. I believe, when people do wrong things, it's not because their conscience has failed them. No, it's because they've found ways to justify that what they're doing is right. We're pretty excellent at lying to ourselves at times.

Stop lying to yourself. Quit pretending you have power over the game developers or the rules of the community. Play the game, be considerate of others.

I'm sorry for getting a bit aggressive, but for goodness' sake, hasn't this topic been exhausted enough already?
We liberate from our negative will to nothingness, and once having said yes to the instant, the affirmation is contagious. It bursts into a chain that knows no limit. To say yes to one instant is to say yes to all of existence.

The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] McFate, [NLR] The Blue Fighter, [*M]Comet, {GI} E*A*G*L*E, Ñ21-Danilo-UY

Last edit: by [NLR] Octavia.

MIG.29 Tank Spawnkilling- How to deal such player? 9 years 1 month ago #258057

• MEAN FOKKER
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 814
VERY WELL SPOKEN FOR SUCH A WISE YOUNG LADY ...TY...MEAN FOKKER P.S. AND I WOULDNT SAY YOU WAS AGGRESSIVE...BUT QUITE FIRM...

[NLR] Octavia wrote: See, the thing is, the "rules" are more along the lines of perceived guidelines agreed from a general consensus. But seriously, aren't all laws the same thing?

You keep calling the act of spawnkilling and likes of such, "subjective", and therefore, cannot be officially condemned. From that logic, the same could apply to any and all actual crime in the real world. Lying, stealing, or even murder can be seen as "subjective" or even justified in some cases. However, the general population believes that for the most part, they are wrong. Does that make it illegitimate?

Yes, I know, in the real world there are concrete and complex laws in place to dictate the gray areas of crime. But, you cannot demand the same from Dogfight online. Do you know why?

Because you have no right to.

The game is not yours. It doesn't belong to you, or neither of us here. The only real "official" rules are the ones stated in the legal terms and agreements that you consented to when you started playing. Did you read that?

You may have paid for the game, but all that bought you was a limited license to use the OFFLINE portion of the game. The online use, including the use of the forums, can be changed, modified, suspended, or discontinued AT ANY TIME. Zuperman can ban us all from online play, refund our subscriptions, and shut it all down whenever he damn well pleases. He needs no justification whatsoever. Does that sound subjective, MiG?

But instead, he keeps the game alive the best he can and updates both the game, and the forum with progress. He does so, through passion and consideration of the community.

Consideration. That's a big word for this topic. It's the reason we have unofficial rules, the reason why most players urge others to follow them, the reason why Zuperman is willing to ban spawnkillers from ruining the game for others, the reason why so many are arguing against your logic.

You know, we all have a little entity inside of us that tells us when things are right, and when things are wrong. It's called a conscience. I believe, when people do wrong things, it's not because their conscience has failed them. No, it's because they've found ways to justify that what they're doing is right. We're pretty excellent at lying to ourselves at times.

Stop lying to yourself. Quit pretending you have power over the game developers or the rules of the community. Play the game, be considerate of others.

I'm sorry for getting a bit aggressive, but for goodness' sake, hasn't this topic been exhausted enough already?

The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] The Blue Fighter, [*M]Comet

Last edit: by MEAN FOKKER.

MIG.29 Tank Spawnkilling- How to deal such player? 8 years 10 months ago #280164

• [*M]Comet
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Take off eh!
  • Thank you received: 11899
A

MiG.29 wrote: Then tell me why game gives tank next to enemy's runway in flag capture game but not in bomb hsngar game. You're alllowed to use tank to keep enemy on ground when your team mate is busy with moving their flag to base. Besides spawn killing is allowed if it is going to help saving your team mates, which was exactly our situation and it worked that way. In this case it is not spawn killing anymore but legal killing.

Now you explain is team killing legal and allowed in any game? That's why I didn't receive any warning from game but you did get warning and points off because of shooting me.

You should play to win the game. Otherwise if you're looking more peaceful games then play barbie makeup girls.

MiGs do play to win and MiGs do win the game (usually).

Got it?

Just thought I'd bump this thread. Apparently MIG wants me gone because I used the tank glitch to win. He's got me on video and is gonna use it to get me banned...True, I did it. Because MIG29 was in the game...dropping and playing like the douche he is...read what you wrote above you hypocrite.

Who should go play with Barbies? How does it feel to get beat at your own game sillyass?

Have a great day!
Bannerless and naked. Whatever...
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M]VonHuLK, [NLR] The Blue Fighter, {GI} E*A*G*L*E, dognamitt

Last edit: by [*M]Comet.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.543 seconds