Warning

Empty password not allowed.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Dogfight forum!

Tell us and other pilots who you are, what you like and why you became a Dogfight pilot.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!
  • Page:

TOPIC:

How to get rid of trolls... 9 years 7 months ago #218848

• Whiplash
  • Whiplash's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Been Doomed since 1990!
  • Thank you received: 3010

As I look at the caligirl and pinkstar thread I think, what do I see on normal boards that make the moderation seem to work.
  • Usually any thread made like this would be deleted immediately
  • the player who created it banned from forum for say 2 weeks and all responses removed
  • all players who made responses would be warned not to contribute to such nonsense or they will be banned also
0 tolerance for this type of behavior.

Go try half the stuff you see here on other forums and you will see what I mean. We have to realize like what many have already said, let's have better self control and stop feeding ANY troll like behavior with the attention it's aimed at receiving. Such as:
  • horrible names that contain sexual or slanderous terms
  • extreme rude behaviour and swearing
  • insults from unknowns
  • lewd comments
I urge everyone don't waste time trying to get them to stop, that is precisely their goal. Get every one so steamed at what they say the whole chat is like a nest of bees and they come along and kick it and watch everyone buzz around wildly and laugh. You have to ask yourself:
  1. Do you really think that they don't know that coming on world chat and saying these things will make people upset?
  2. What could be their goal in doing this?
You are left with pretty much one answer, they want to get someone or everyone mad. So, why do you think they will stop when you are doing exactly what they want? What they don't want is

So I see the solution as not just mods alone but the whole community policing themselves along with reporting suitable offenses to mods. There is another issue of people reporting camping and things that, while unfriendly perhaps, not moderator type complaints. People reporting those should be warned and banned for a period also if they continue. So there is another problem no actual rules as to what qualifies and what doesn't qualify as a mod level complaint. I think all the long time players know...it's pretty easy:

- Heavy Swearing
- Genuine Threats of Physical Violence
- Multiple Tank Spawnkilling
- Team Killing Without Suitable Provocation
(i.e. They shot you first for no good reason ---They are trying to team kill you, a team mate, or bomb an hangar---They are parked on the runway and have been asked to move and are stopping your team from being able to take off)
- Inappropriate Sexual Comments, References and Media

I'm pretty sure that's all except the rare case that you are such a pain like TGoG that you are spoiling the fun of the game for so many for so long and that looking like it is the reason you come here, they can make a special case and ban you but even he stopped.

So outside of those ban-able items the rest is up to us to not encourage or participate in negative posts or troll like behavior. Anyone fighting with trolls should stop or be treated like trolls themselves.

The solution is discouraging that behaviour so it is far less going on than now and mods so when it does the player is banned swiftly to show we don't tolerate that here.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/3Aj5cS2yr1O2fenK2
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] McFate, [M]yGUNNZZ, Mr.Becken, *Sapphire*, [NLR] The Blue Fighter, [£] Pie of Jerry, WB|War hawk1-5, Kamikaze King, pinkstar30, Klayton14

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Whiplash.

How to get rid of trolls... 9 years 7 months ago #218850

• |111th| Jøker
  • 111th Falcon Squadron
  • Thank you received: 24
Hello

I am new to this game, and I don't actually like world chat
I discovered that is a way to mute in settings
By the way, this is a nice game

He He Hi Ha Ha
Here we go...

How to get rid of trolls... 9 years 7 months ago #218855

• Khemist Ace
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • KhemiKal Warfare...
  • Thank you received: 180
This troll needs to be dealt with swiftly in order for this game and forum to continue being enjoyable. It hurts to see the slanderous comments made by this individual about Cali and Pink. I must say it does hinder me from coming to the forum and seeing these comments, knowing my hands are tied from defending my friends. I have been playing this game for a few months well and never came across a behavior like this that lasted so long. Its an eye sore that I cant bear to watch. I can only imagine how the newbies feel when they observe this trolls behavior. We are going to lose valuable players and forum contributors if this continue.

Please Administrators, delete his, her or its comments as they appear.
The following user(s) said Thank You: [M]yGUNNZZ, WB|War hawk1-5, Kamikaze King, pinkstar30, jenpui......kamei, Klayton14

How to get rid of trolls... 9 years 7 months ago #218863

• [M]FOX#1
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • "I sniff through the desert like a fox"Erwin Romel
  • Thank you received: 3804

Whiplash wrote: As I look at the caligirl and pinkstar thread I think, what do I see on normal boards that make the moderation seem to work.

• Usually any thread made like this would be deleted immediately
  • the player who created it banned from forum for say 2 weeks and all responses removed
  • all players who made responses would be warned not to contribute to such nonsense or they will be banned also
0 tolerance for this type of behavior.

Go try half the stuff you see here on other forums and you will see what I mean. We have to realize like what many have already said, let's have better self control and stop feeding ANY troll like behavior with the attention it's aimed at receiving. Such as:
  • horrible names that contain sexual or slanderous terms
  • extreme rude behaviour and swearing
  • insults from unknowns
  • lewd comments
I urge everyone don't waste time trying to get them to stop, that is precisely their goal. Get every one so steamed at what they say the whole chat is like a nest of bees and they come along and kick it and watch everyone buzz around wildly and laugh. You have to ask yourself:
  1. Do you really think that they don't know that coming on world chat and saying these things will make people upset?
  2. What could be their goal in doing this?
You are left with pretty much one answer, they want to get someone or everyone mad. So, why do you think they will stop when you are doing exactly what they want? What they don't want is

So I see the solution as not just mods alone but the whole community policing themselves along with reporting suitable offenses to mods. There is another issue of people reporting camping and things that, while unfriendly perhaps, not moderator type complaints. People reporting those should be warned and banned for a period also if they continue. So there is another problem no actual rules as to what qualifies and what doesn't qualify as a mod level complaint. I think all the long time players know...it's pretty easy:

- Heavy Swearing
- Genuine Threats of Physical Violence
- Multiple Tank Spawnkilling
- Team Killing Without Suitable Provocation
(i.e. They shot you first for no good reason ---They are trying to team kill you, a team mate, or bomb an hangar---They are parked on the runway and have been asked to move and are stopping your team from being able to take off)
- Inappropriate Sexual Comments, References and Media

I'm pretty sure that's all except the rare case that you are such a pain like TGoG that you are spoiling the fun of the game for so many for so long and that looking like it is the reason you come here, they can make a special case and ban you but even he stopped.

So outside of those ban-able items the rest is up to us to not encourage or participate in negative posts or troll like behavior. Anyone fighting with trolls should stop or be treated like trolls themselves.

The solution is discouraging that behaviour so it is far less going on than now and mods so when it does the player is banned swiftly to show we don't tolerate that here.

Ok,
You've Talked the Talk......
Now Walk the Walk.

hint hint
:silly:

How to get rid of trolls... 9 years 7 months ago #218873

• Mr.Becken
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 829
Troll definition:"In Internet slang, a troll is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.

This sense of the word troll and its associated verb trolling are associated with Internet discourse, but have been used more widely. Media attention in recent years has equated trolling with online harassment. For example, mass media has used troll to describe "a person who defaces Internet tribute sites with the aim of causing grief to families."

I think they should be perma banned because as silly as it sounds it can put stress on people and the constant harassment from trolls isn't good and it makes the game look bad.. world chat is a wonderful feature of the game but trolls ruin it and just stir things up and ive been accused for stirring the pot but I always have a good reason! I think zup needs to do a clean up because this game is going south and someone cut the brakes if ya know what I mean.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Whiplash, Kamikaze King, pinkstar30

How to get rid of trolls... 9 years 7 months ago #218877

• tKestrel old
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 3991

The best way toget rid of trolls is the same way u prevent rats and roaches. Dont feed them. If they dont get fed they will give up and go to another forum. Just like my dog at supper time, if one doesn't Feed her, she will give up and go to the next person witha plate of food
Retired in the skies of Dogfight.
Raising Hell in the skies of Warthunder
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kamikaze King

How to get rid of trolls... 9 years 7 months ago #218894

• Manfred
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Just Manfred
  • Thank you received: 3866

[M]FOX#1 wrote: Ok,
You've Talked the Talk......
Now Walk the Walk.

hint hint
:silly:

Seriously? He's just educating. I've started typing a similar post a few times, but canceled it because I figured someone would launch into it for being too preachy or accuse me of being holier than thou, cast the first stone and all that crap, and all hidden behind passive aggressive smileys and jk's and happy jumping signature gifs. Good thing I never hit Send.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tKestrel old, Whiplash, [NLR] McFate, Mac, Kamikaze King

How to get rid of trolls... 9 years 7 months ago #219169

• Dr CurtisShoe
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 802
Thank you Whip, well said as usual.
Now, lets all stop feeding the trolls, perhaps they will vanish....

How to get rid of trolls... 9 years 7 months ago #219178

• baron rojo
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 3431

Should ban for siempre.corrompen the forum, chat and everything tocan.creo that if we do not enter in their disputes may se.extingan alone would have to probarlo.gracias for your information becken latigo.habra to follow these indeseseables of close, for the good of our game.

How to get rid of trolls... 9 years 7 months ago #219291

• DJ PON-3
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Im Dj Josh
  • Thank you received: 60

tSilver Wing wrote:

The best way toget rid of trolls is the same way u prevent rats and roaches. Dont feed them. If they dont get fed they will give up and go to another forum. Just like my dog at supper time, if one doesn't Feed her, she will give up and go to the next person witha plate of food

Yep...Ignore them..
The following user(s) said Thank You: tKestrel old

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.488 seconds