TOPIC:

The Space Time Continuum and DF 9 years 7 months ago #205470

• Whiplash
  • Whiplash's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Been Doomed since 1990!
  • Thank you received: 3010

During a BTC match it was said that the tanks are no good. I replied quite the contrary, they can pick planes out of the sky and can take down an entire airport or carrier in one run. They remarked about the fact they fly when spawned or over water at times. I said perfectly normal...why? My answers is this:

Due to the anomalies in the space-time continuum at the water regions of the map, anything is possible. The fabric of space time which the majority is made of antimatter, (I believe that's right I may be wrong) provides the frame of reference for mass, time, and in turn gravitation. I propose we have anomalies in each pond and its this that cause the flying tank. Think about it for a bit,

- carriers from another period of time with no explanation as to how there.

- The planes change frames of reference over the water. you can almost see yourself slow down. I have often seen others wiz by like on warp drive.

- Tanks float an you can run on the water for a few seconds....try that at the local pool

- How it never feels close to the amount of time actually spent playing df.

I'm sure there are many I am missing. So, since its is obvious that the ponds have a very different frame of reference or at least inconsistencies in the fabric of time the tanks are simply yet another consequence of this phenomenon.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/3Aj5cS2yr1O2fenK2
The following user(s) said Thank You: CalvinIsAwesome, DD | *Joker*, Mac

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Whiplash.

The Space Time Continuum and DF 9 years 7 months ago #205475

• [e]hammer_tool
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • ut malleus omnia similis clavum
  • Thank you received: 1285

I believe the carriers got there as part of the Philadelphia experiment!

ut malleus omnia similis clavum
The following user(s) said Thank You: Yellow1Blaze, Mac

The Space Time Continuum and DF 9 years 7 months ago #205476

• Mac
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • They Hate me, but They Can't get Enough of me...
  • Thank you received: 1411
It must be easier to write that on the forum than it is to write in in-game chat, huh. That was some epic multitasking in that game... Who won? :woohoo:

Also, does that, by any chance, explain the UFOs at the Jolly Roger?
You're getting predictable, guys. You can do better, right?

The Space Time Continuum and DF 9 years 7 months ago #205480

• Viper10{WP}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Tip of the spear
  • Thank you received: 7914

You really tied it all together and it makes more sense than it did in game. Thanks for clearing it all up, I had been wondering where the carriers came from and why I keep getting shot down by tanks while flying....

How do you explain the random underwater tanks?

United We Prowl/Together We Howl
The following user(s) said Thank You: Whiplash, Mac

The Space Time Continuum and DF 9 years 7 months ago #205483

• jacklpe
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • If you got it, a trucker brought it!
  • Thank you received: 3027
You are figuring it out Whip! The reason that the Jolly Roger is able to do whatever we want, and is also practically indestructible lies with the fact that although it is a modern day establishment, it's location is permanently trapped in a WWI battlefield. It's only accessible from the present, but it can only be viewed in the past. Makes for a good place to do whatever you want without being bothered.

I knew someone would catch on one day.

Contact The Jolly Roger at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Whiplash, Mac

The Space Time Continuum and DF 9 years 7 months ago #205484

• Yellow1Blaze
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • More than what meets the eye.
  • Thank you received: 100
Well in the end of it all, theirs a disappering Jolly Rodger glitch Ive seen, I dropped my bomb ob the Jolly Rodger once, and it just disappeared, I mean, Bomb explodes, dust clears, and not even a hint it was ever there, like magic, I freaked out and felt bad and left the game.
That also explains my absence at the Jolly Rodger.

Your Friendly DFNews Anchorman
Lets Rise

The Space Time Continuum and DF 9 years 7 months ago #205493

• [*M] MISFIT CROCKETT
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 13215
I saw the missing airliner near duckwing mountain, how do you explain that one.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Yellow1Blaze

The Space Time Continuum and DF 9 years 7 months ago #205515

• Whiplash
  • Whiplash's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Been Doomed since 1990!
  • Thank you received: 3010

This all reminds me of when I heard one of my smart ass friends explaining the forces and condtions required for a tornado...all I got to hear was..

"OK you start with the your warm air mass and your cold air mass and then you have the trailer park..."

I'm so sad I missed the rest of that....knowing my buddy it I'm sure was epic.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/3Aj5cS2yr1O2fenK2

The Space Time Continuum and DF 9 years 7 months ago #205524

• Yellow1Blaze
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

[*M] MISFIT CROCKETT wrote: I saw the missing airliner near duckwing mountain, how do you explain that one.

I saw a thing, ity was so thingy, I called it the Thingy Thing, and theirs no thing words to say about this thing but it was a thing ill tell you that much.

Lets Rise

The Space Time Continuum and DF 9 years 7 months ago #205526

• WB|War hawk1-5
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1709

Yellow1Blaze wrote:

[*M] MISFIT CROCKETT wrote: I saw the missing airliner near duckwing mountain, how do you explain that one.

I saw a thing, ity was so thingy, I called it the Thingy Thing, and theirs no thing words to say about this thing but it was a thing ill tell you that much.

.... What?!?!?!?!
And why does the duck turn into a building?!?!
Attachments:

The Space Time Continuum and DF 9 years 7 months ago #205532

• Yellow1Blaze
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

[WB]War hawk1-5 wrote:

Yellow1Blaze wrote:

.... What?!?!?!?!
And why does the duck turn into a building?!?!

Thingy Thing. Thingy Thing. Thingy Thing. Thingy Thing. Thingy Thing. Thingy Thing. Thingy Thing. Thingy Thing. Thingy Thing. Thingy Thing. Thingy Thing. Thingy Thing. Thingy Thing. Thingy Thing. Thingy Thing. Thingy Thing. Thingy Thing. Thingy Thing. Thingy Thing. Thingy Thing. Thingy Thing. Thingy Thing. Thingy Thing. Thingy Thing. Thingy Thing. Thingy Thing. Thingy Thing. Thingy Thing. Thingy Thing. Thingy Thing. Thingy Thing. Thingy Thing. Thingy Thing. Thingy Thing. Thingy Thing.

Lets Rise
Attachments:

The Space Time Continuum and DF 9 years 7 months ago #205541

• Longrifle
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 876
Nothing stranger in this game than a tank that mysteriously follows your aircraft around, waiting for it to be shot down so it can turn visible and you can hop right in. One man tank crews driving, commanding, gunning and loading. Too bad the machine guns dont work, and that Mauser bullets can take them out. On the plus side, they have a built in camera on the shells like a tomahawk that relays recon images back to the observer; very high tech for a WWI game. Speaking of WWI, anyone seen a trench around here? Pillbox? Any wire?
This Gun's For Hire

Last edit: by Longrifle.

The Space Time Continuum and DF 9 years 7 months ago #205547

• Yellow1Blaze
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Longrifle wrote: Nothing stranger in this game than a tank that mysteriously follows your aircraft around, waiting for it to be shot down so it can turn visible and you can hop right in. One man tank crews driving, commanding, gunning and loading. Too bad the machine guns dont work, and that Mauser bullets can take them out. On the plus side, they have a built in camera on the shells like a tomahawk that relays recon images back to the observer; very high tech for a WWI game. Speaking of WWI, anyone seen a trench around here? Pillbox? Any wire?

so true

Lets Rise
Attachments:

Last edit: by Yellow1Blaze.

The Space Time Continuum and DF 9 years 7 months ago #205551

• [e]hammer_tool
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Longrifle wrote: Nothing stranger in this game than a tank that mysteriously follows your aircraft around, waiting for it to be shot down so it can turn visible and you can hop right in. One man tank crews driving, commanding, gunning and loading. Too bad the machine guns dont work, and that Mauser bullets can take them out. On the plus side, they have a built in camera on the shells like a tomahawk that relays recon images back to the observer; very high tech for a WWI game. Speaking of WWI, anyone seen a trench around here? Pillbox? Any wire?

WW1 era tanks were susceptible to standard rounds fired from above the tank there wasnt much armour on the roof. Even on the sides a steel core round could punch through the side and front armour.

The Space Time Continuum and DF 9 years 7 months ago #205554

• Yellow1Blaze
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

[e]hammer_tool wrote:

WW1 era tanks were susceptible to standard rounds fired from above the tank there wasnt much armour on the roof. Even on the sides a steel core round could punch through the side and front armour.

The correctness continues.
Parachutes where not invented until after WW1

Lets Rise
Attachments:

The Space Time Continuum and DF 9 years 7 months ago #205576

• [e]hammer_tool
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Yellow1Blaze wrote:

[e]hammer_tool wrote:

The correctness continues.
Parachutes where not invented until after WW1

Parachutes were invented looooong before WW1 (design in the Renaissance, first jump using chute in 1783!!!) they just weren't used much, the Germans only issued them later in the war, the Allies didn't issue them in aircraft (they did use them for observation balloon staff)

Last edit: by [e]hammer_tool.

The Space Time Continuum and DF 8 years 2 weeks ago #324756

• Pistolfuddyduddy
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • YEP
  • Thank you received: 913

Whiplash wrote: This all reminds me of when I heard one of my smart ass friends explaining the forces and condtions required for a tornado...all I got to hear was..

"OK you start with the your warm air mass and your cold air mass and then you have the trailer park..."

I'm so sad I missed the rest of that....knowing my buddy it I'm sure was epic.

Whip, the rest of it is a country and western song and divorce.. Sure as duck poop when (wondering why duck poop is sure) if you have a country western song about a divorce or a tornado someone's gonna lose a trailer.. I'm still trying to figure out the duck part of the story

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.763 seconds