Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Stearman 76 7 years 1 month ago #356560

• BlowingBull
  • BlowingBull's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 2

Hello there

I have a request for an awesome aircraft. On some occasions I go to an airpark near Ankara in Turkey and they have this boeing stearman (I am not sure which model but probably the 75) with tailnumber TC-AMK. I remember when they first flew the aircraft under turkish registration about 2 years ago and the guys told me it is the oldest still flying aircraft registered i Turkey. The aircraft was originally manufactured in 1930. The Stearman 75 was designed by Stearman Aircraft Corporation which later became a subsidiary of Boeing. It was used for mail cargo and military training but later they fitted it with guns and bombs and they exchanged the engine with a more powerful one. They then changed the name of this fighter version as model 76. The guys here in Turkey uses it for air display and aerobatics though. It is an absolute joy for the eye and it would be an excellent aircraft for the repertoire of Dogfight.

Here is a link about some history of the aircraft:
www.stearman.at/boeing_stearman.html
The same site akso has technical information on the aircraft.

Please consider it. Thanks
When I don't fly or drink I prefer going to the gym to extend my life expectancy.... enabling me to fly and drink some more
The following user(s) said Thank You: S. E. Dailey

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Stearman 76 7 years 1 month ago #356596

• S. E. Dailey
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • fortis Fortūna adiuvat
  • Thank you received: 864

I think a Stearman was one of the first plastic model kits I built as a kid. B)

Stearman 76 7 years 1 month ago #356650

• BlowingBull
  • BlowingBull's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 2

Then you must agree that it is one cool vintage aircraft! It is not like I am asking for the P-51 Mustang or the Corsair F4U, no the Stearman is actually in league with the other aircraft already available in the game. I hope Zuperman sees this topic and considers this aircraft.
When I don't fly or drink I prefer going to the gym to extend my life expectancy.... enabling me to fly and drink some more

Stearman 76 7 years 1 month ago #356652

• S. E. Dailey
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • fortis Fortūna adiuvat
  • Thank you received: 864

BlowingBull wrote: Then you must agree that it is one cool vintage aircraft! It is not like I am asking for the P-51 Mustang or the Corsair F4U, no the Stearman is actually in league with the other aircraft already available in the game. I hope Zuperman sees this topic and considers this aircraft.

Yes, it's a pretty sweet plane. BTW, you can already have the P-51 . . . now if we can talk him into a Corsair. B)

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.503 seconds