Warning

Empty password not allowed.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Dogfight forum!

Tell us and other pilots who you are, what you like and why you became a Dogfight pilot.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!
  • Page:

TOPIC:

WW1 aircraft in the new Wonder Woman movie? 6 years 10 months ago #362631

• [NLR] McFate
  • [NLR] McFate's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Don't believe everything you think.
  • Thank you received: 5398
I saw the new Wonder Woman movie list night.

Chris Pine escapes a German military base in a Fokker E 111, drops a bomb on a hangar and ends up crashing into the ocean. There are brief scenes with many other planes as well, I recognized a Fokker Dr1. Can anyone identify any of the other planes?
The following user(s) said Thank You: ZebraUp, Acegirl, DireWolf{WP}

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by [NLR] McFate.

WW1 aircraft in the new Wonder Woman movie? 6 years 10 months ago #362869

• WB|War hawk1-5
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1709

[NLR] McFate wrote: I saw the new Wonder Woman movie list night.

Chris Pine escapes a German military base in a Fokker E 111, drops a bomb on a hangar and ends up crashing into the ocean. There are brief scenes with many other planes as well, I recognized a Fokker Dr3. Can anyone identify any of the other planes?

I haven't seen the movie but since you mentioned it, I remember watching the trailer, and when I saw that Fokker Scourge I had to pause it again, wait hold on, are they actually going to put some historically accurate planes in here XD

WW1 aircraft in the new Wonder Woman movie? 6 years 10 months ago #362876

• [NLR] McFate
  • [NLR] McFate's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Don't believe everything you think.
  • Thank you received: 5398
At the end of the movie there is a photograph of Chris Pine (superimposed over a famous pic) standing by a Neiuport (28?) with the 94th fighter squadron's "Hat in the ring" insignia on it. I think it may be a pic of Eddie Rickenbacher.

From Wiki:

The 94 FS is one of the oldest units in the United States Air Force, first being organized on 20 August 1917 as the 94th Aero Squadron at Kelly Field, Texas. The squadron deployed to France and fought on the Western Front during World War I as a pursuit squadron. It took part in the Champagne-Marne defensive; Aisne-Marne offensive; St. Mihiel offensive, and Meuse-Argonne offensive.

Also, just to grumble about history a bit (I know, in Wonder Woman rigbt?) The movie takes place in the very last days of WW1. I wonder just how many Fokker E111s were still flying by then.
:-p
The following user(s) said Thank You: WB|War hawk1-5

Last edit: by [NLR] McFate.

WW1 aircraft in the new Wonder Woman movie? 6 years 10 months ago #362886

• WB|War hawk1-5
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1709

[NLR] McFate wrote: At the end of the movie there is a photograph of Chris Pine (superimposed over a famous pic) standing by a Neiuport (28?) with the 94th fighter squadron's "Hat in the ring" insignia on it.

From Wiki:

The 94 FS is one of the oldest units in the United States Air Force, first being organized on 20 August 1917 as the 94th Aero Squadron at Kelly Field, Texas. The squadron deployed to France and fought on the Western Front during World War I as a pursuit squadron. It took part in the Champagne-Marne defensive; Aisne-Marne offensive; St. Mihiel offensive, and Meuse-Argonne offensive.

Also, just to grumble about history a bit (I know, in Wonder Woman rigbt?) The movie takes place in the very last days of WW1. I wonder just how many Fokker E111s were still flying by then.
:-p

haha probably zero, but there might have been a few for training purposes....
though even in 1917 men trained in Haberstadt's and other Biplanes, the scourge kinda just blew away, orrrr flew away.
it's still not as bad as all the Red Fokker Dr.1's fighting neuiport 17's in Flyboys.....
by 1918 the Laff was not a very strong squadron...
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] McFate

WW1 aircraft in the new Wonder Woman movie? 6 years 9 months ago #364085

• Acegirl
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • i'm not bad. i'm just drawn that way
  • Thank you received: 9806

Sorry for the late reply Fate! Saw the movie and it was AWSOME!!!! Here is a pic of what you were talking about.

The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] McFate, airwolff

Last edit: by Acegirl.

WW1 aircraft in the new Wonder Woman movie? 6 years 9 months ago #364089

• Acegirl
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • i'm not bad. i'm just drawn that way
  • Thank you received: 9806
. .

This is it from another angle, just in case you did not see him well on the first one. LOL

The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] McFate, airwolff

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.410 seconds