Warning

Empty password not allowed.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Dogfight forum!

Tell us and other pilots who you are, what you like and why you became a Dogfight pilot.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!
  • Page:

TOPIC:

why not ! 6 years 10 months ago #361872

• dognamitt
  • dognamitt's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • you will miss 100% of the shots you dont take
  • Thank you received: 5755
why swap for a easy win? why not swap for a challenge to push yourself to learn and face adversity and face bad odds that are not in your favor. Had some good games tonight with stars and bars and mad rabbit who enter the game and play the hand they are dealt i see some swapping sides to even the game and some swapping sides who are playing for points .play have fun real men hit the random button and stick it out
The following user(s) said Thank You: Viper10{WP}, Eagle22, [TFL] alwaystrouble, Skeeter72{WP}, Cypher7{WP}, airwolff, DireWolf{WP}

Please Log in to join the conversation.

why not ! 6 years 10 months ago #362004

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 13138
I'm already working on a system where you are allowed to pick your side but then you cannot change it. So once you are set, that's your hand to play till the end.
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] McFate, Acegirl, {GI} E*A*G*L*E, dognamitt

why not ! 6 years 10 months ago #362007

• darraxx
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 10674

zuperman wrote: I'm already working on a system where you are allowed to pick your side but then you cannot change it. So once you are set, that's your hand to play till the end.

OH!!!! That will upset a few people!!!! Lol
Good job zup. This will be a good thing
The following user(s) said Thank You: Acegirl, dognamitt

Last edit: by darraxx.

why not ! 6 years 10 months ago #362030

• dognamitt
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
thanks zup

why not ! 6 years 10 months ago #362033

• [*M] Pagan
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Live every day as if it's your last cos one day...
  • Thank you received: 4857

darraxx wrote:

zuperman wrote: I'm already working on a system where you are allowed to pick your side but then you cannot change it. So once you are set, that's your hand to play till the end.

Sorry bro but I have to disagree , if I spawn into a game where it 2 or 3 good players against a noob then I want to be able to switch to help out the noob. Zup you cannot please everyone with all these silly tinkerings , so just leave it alone !!! We never had all this messing about with what we can or can't do before and the game was fun back then. All this fiddling with the game is gonna kill it. Older players will drift away and the noobs won't stay around , all you will be left with is a few whiners trying to get you to tailor the game for their own ends. Please stop and think before it's too late!
May the ancestors look down upon your achievements and smile.

The following user(s) said Thank You: ZebraUp, D- CC RIDER, [*M] GAW, Dunc7, WolfRider, DireWolf{WP}

why not ! 6 years 10 months ago #362037

• darraxx
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

[*M] Pagan wrote:

darraxx wrote:

Sorry bro but I have to disagree , if I spawn into a game where it 2 or 3 good players against a noob then I want to be able to switch to help out the noob. Zup you cannot please everyone with all these silly tinkerings , so just leave it alone !!! We never had all this messing about with what we can or can't do before and the game was fun back then. All this fiddling with the game is gonna kill it. Older players will drift away and the noobs won't stay around , all you will be left with is a few whiners trying to get you to tailor the game for their own ends. Please stop and think before it's too late!

I look at it this way zup made it so we could switch sides .you fly with friends help noobs even out games.he put that in the game so we could have fun.so what happens some found the need to abuse the system.
Flying with friends is one thing.but with the point race thing i see entire sides switching when the carrier is amost dead.they switch when theres one hanger left..they switch to pack a side so its 5 on 1.
It seems that many players would like to be moraf again the only way to do it now is play for the most points you can get.
But in their greed for points they unbalance a game so instead of everyone getting some points everyone gets jack..but hey its one for the win column

I think this may be temporary.its about time zup started dishing out some reality around here..should be a real good wake up call for a few.lets.see how good some fight when they dont have an 5 man team and their squad mates cant rush to their aid.because they need to win at all costs...
Next will come only 2 squad members per team..that will really piss some people off.zup better order a whole ship load of WAAMBULANCES
The following user(s) said Thank You: Acegirl, Viper10{WP}, {GI} E*A*G*L*E, dognamitt, Dunc7, Cypher7{WP}

why not ! 6 years 10 months ago #362038

• Fallen [M]isfits
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • i dont play nice ..with others...100 % Misfit
  • Thank you received: 1955
Myself an T joined a game earlier....our side was full .....against 1 player

so T an myself switched sides ......it made the game...we had great game an few laffs....

I'm not sure how can get this to work here..on few other games .....u have waiting list an game starts when each side is full...
but as this game fairly spread out ..with 2 different arenas to play ww1 or ww2 might make this awkward...
it be nice to get this solved...as I had to search for full games .....as got lot empty 1s.....maybe if there only 1 player in a game ...theres a timer for others to join ..if they don't join the game ends....this will also stop people farming points...

also wud like to see lvl/rank 1 to 5 have there own server again ....as entered game an was facing aspirant an real low lvls...this wasn't fair..as they not had chance to learn game an hone there skills

Last edit: by Fallen [M]isfits.

why not ! 6 years 10 months ago #362039

• Fallen [M]isfits
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
12 ww1 games in a row all empty :whistle:

why not ! 6 years 10 months ago #362040

• WolfRider
  • *"This Too Shall Pass ~ Live For Today"*
  • Thank you received: 80

Wow Dix!!! You're already a MORAF what more do you want!? In my recollection it seems like on multiple occasions I would come into a game and find you playing with yourself.... and no opponents! hmmmm I think in your very own words, that is harvesting! Why can't you just leave well enough alone and let Zup run his own game?! It's not too hard to figure out why and many here see just as it is but won't speak up... You're complaining and requests to Zup (which seems to be more so recently since you reached the top) is your way to stop other squads from advancing up the ranks and giving MOM a run for their money!

I have to agree with Pagan - "All this fiddling with the game is gonna kill it. Older players will drift away and the noobs won't stay around , all you will be left with is a few whiners trying to get you to tailor the game for their own ends. Please stop and think before it's too late!" And on that note Zup please leave well enough alone... the way you developed and released the game is exactly how most of the top players worked their way to the top, so why should it be changed now to basically make it even more difficult for others to move up... there is no fairness in that... especially on the words of those individuals who will be the only ones benefiting from your changes... only gonna hurt the game worse than it's already done. Please get the facts before you make the changes Zup... take it to a vote if need be... which may be a good idea then you can check IP addresses and see how many have second accounts that they are voting from...
The following user(s) said Thank You: BStrachan, ZebraUp, [*M] Pagan, Dunc7, DireWolf{WP}

why not ! 6 years 10 months ago #362041

• Fallen [M]isfits
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
I will say this for Zup.....he kept a great game going ..for many years now.......
I have no idea what sort effort an time out of his life it take to keep this running...
but he done many great things with this game....expanding it to players requests....bringing in new missions an planes....improving graphics an sounds...
making it available for so many different platforms .......yes there bugs but think that will be ...for his limited resources.....
it given me an many more many hours fun laffs an chance to know people whom I never meet in real life

cheers :woohoo:
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M] Pagan

why not ! 6 years 10 months ago #362052

• Fallen [M]isfits
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

just for the laff....suitable or not ...haha

why not ! 6 years 10 months ago #362055

• Viper10{WP}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Tip of the spear
  • Thank you received: 7914

Doggy Dix wrote:

well if you already looking at this can you, while doing that do something about direction of players too, will you ? There a lot of empty games I facing whne i spawn into a game.... could it be possible to match games better ? Fill up games that already started,. than open up new ones every time someone log in when it is few players... that would be great... im so tired going into emptys and just see special game hunters flash when they are looking for certain kind of game ... game have become really boring when it takes more time to find someone to play with, than the time you get with other, in a game you finaly play.

Something you may not have considered is this: personally I wont stay in a game with one other player, or in a game alone. It doesn't matter the type of game, just the fact it is essentially empty. My time is too valuable to me to sit in a virtually empty game awaiting others. I will bounce from ww2 both sides, to ww1 both sides, and if I cannot find a suitable game full of players I generally find a different activity to occupy my free time. That may appear to some as looking for a certain kind of game, and I suppose you are somewhat correct. I am looking for a game that looks fun, and to me 1 v 1 isn't a lot of fun. I would bet others do the same or similar things when looking for a suitable game.

Not everyone plays this game with the intent to gain rank or points.(GASP!) I play for fun, and if I cannot find what to me looks fun in a few minutes I abandon the game and either surf the internet for car parts or go do some chore I was probably supposed to do anyway.

United We Prowl/Together We Howl
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M] Pagan, dognamitt, Dunc7, DireWolf{WP}

Last edit: by Viper10{WP}.

why not ! 6 years 10 months ago #362056

• Acegirl
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • i'm not bad. i'm just drawn that way
  • Thank you received: 9804

Sr. Pagan u do have a valid point and a noble way of seeing the situation. But if you see the only 2 players that like your suggestion, never do this. They do not switch sides to help new players or outnumbered games. Further down after your post one of them writes as he would be agreeing with you; but not on behalf of the outnumber noobs. Nop, his first concern is that others have made MORAF and that a change will affect him and how he will take a longer time now to reach MOARF. Then he talks about the race to bring his squadron to the top. The Top of what? The Squadrons War list that Zuperman created? The one they told me that ruined the game? Wow first they critic it and then they want to be on top of it. In my country, we have a saying for this “Se les ve la costura”. Zuperman knows firsthand the problems the game is facing because he has experience them first hand and players are not cooperating. The games need an adjustment on this issue and it must be done fast. I also like to switch sides to help noobs or unbalance teams; but not all players are helping like u suggest Pagan. This is a problem and it needs proper and fast attention to ensure a better game experience. It is good that zuperman fixes the ins and outs as he is going to do but also include a balance entrance or log in of the sides in the game. The only thing that is scaring players away noobs and old is the abuse of this ridiculous outnumbered games. No one can have fun in a 6 vs 1 or2 game. Only games I do have fun and that are truly challenging are those with even players. Those games bring out the magic of the game and will make noobs stay. The game should have a way of paring a low-ranking player with a high-ranking player for each side. I hope u can figure it out soon zuperman; the game needs this fix.

The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M] Pagan, Viper10{WP}, dognamitt, Dunc7

why not ! 6 years 10 months ago #362063

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

[*M] Pagan wrote:

darraxx wrote:

quoting the important part: "so just leave it alone !!! We never had all this messing about with what we can or can't do before and the game was fun back then. All this fiddling with the game is gonna kill it. Older players will drift away and the noobs won't stay around , all you will be left with is a few whiners trying to get you to tailor the game for their own ends."
maybe you are right, back then it was fun, so i should just roll back and completely remove the option to choose sides. It has created a nightmare for many and for me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Acegirl, Dunc7

why not ! 6 years 10 months ago #362064

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
@doggy the game already works like that, it only opens new games when the existing ones are full. But it's also depending on number of players per location to avoid lag. So if for instance 30 players are online (enough to fill a few games) the servers will begin splitting them by regions so people in india will not lag people in the usa for instance.
If few players are online, then it will put them all on the same place even if lagging.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cypher7{WP}

why not ! 6 years 10 months ago #362066

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
It does work. Maybe your firewall is blocking the speed check and sending you to the Asian servers instead of Europe. That's the only thing I can think of.

why not ! 6 years 10 months ago #362074

• darraxx
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
[IMG]httpcontent://media/external/file/16859

Need to fix the servers doing this first.

Last edit: by darraxx.

why not ! 6 years 10 months ago #362076

• darraxx
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Thats the pic i wanted...the server stacked the sides just shoved a bunch of blues in one game against 2 reds

why not ! 6 years 10 months ago #362078

• [*M]TBUILT
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • I back my squad 100% what's your excuse?
  • Thank you received: 17012

darraxx wrote:

Thats the pic i wanted...the server stacked the sides just shoved a bunch of blues in one game against 2 reds

Not sure if that's the server stacking side's but more player's choosing one side over the other which in turn will stack one side over the other, time to pick which side you want to be on this same thing happened to Fallen and myself yesterday 6 vs 2 the 2 of us quickly switched making it 5 vs 3 one more red leaves shortly after and we get another blue.
You don't always make it back to the same game it's 50/50 some time's better but at least you tried to switch if you don't make it back and who knows that game may have evened out after you left. Worst comes to worst find a new game better than just sticking it out with what you got.
If i can't find a good even game i take a break and come back later.
So in my opinion does the server's need work? Absolutely not well except for the lag part. Lol
Leave, try switching or just find a different game it's so easy. B)

Last edit: by [*M]TBUILT.

why not ! 6 years 10 months ago #362079

• darraxx
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Unfortunately the serves do this near the end of the game.it was 3/2 and bam all on one side.
I know it goes by what people hit for planes.and when a game ends it fills the next game..
And as far as trying to switch .i usually end up standing in a wheat field .in Kansas.

why not ! 6 years 10 months ago #362086

• Cypher7{WP}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 4939

zuperman wrote: It does work. Maybe your firewall is blocking the speed check and sending you to the Asian servers instead of Europe. That's the only thing I can think of.

Thats a good piece of intel, How would someone check to see if that is what is occurring on there PC. That someone being me and that device HP notebook on Wind 10. Maybe this is why a lot of us lag. The issue just might be our individual settings. I would like to explore this more. Thanks for the info Zup

why not ! 6 years 10 months ago #362090

• [*M] Pagan
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

zuperman wrote:

[*M] Pagan wrote:

darraxx wrote:

quoting the important part: "so just leave it alone !!! We never had all this messing about with what we can or can't do before and the game was fun back then. All this fiddling with the game is gonna kill it. Older players will drift away and the noobs won't stay around , all you will be left with is a few whiners trying to get you to tailor the game for their own ends."
maybe you are right, back then it was fun, so i should just roll back and completely remove the option to choose sides. It has created a nightmare for many and for me.

Sorry Zup , my mind must be playing tricks on me . I was sure that when I first started playing ( about 3 years ago) we could choose sides then and the game was more fun then! A lot of long time players have left and I cannot see many of the noobs sticking around for long ,as they did. You are the creator of this game and you must do,to it,what you see fit to do. All I ask is that you see what you are doing from both sides and not just listen to the Wormtongue's ( LOTR) of this world.

The following user(s) said Thank You: WolfRider

why not ! 6 years 10 months ago #362191

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

[*M] Pagan wrote:

zuperman wrote:

[*M] Pagan wrote:

darraxx wrote:

Sorry Zup , my mind must be playing tricks on me . I was sure that when I first started playing ( about 3 years ago) we could choose sides then and the game was more fun then! A lot of long time players have left and I cannot see many of the noobs sticking around for long ,as they did. You are the creator of this game and you must do,to it,what you see fit to do. All I ask is that you see what you are doing from both sides and not just listen to the Wormtongue's ( LOTR) of this world.

Yep, your mind is playing tricks on you. You were never able to choose sides until a few months ago. 3 years ago Elite didn't even exist and I added that option on Elite. Before WW2 was added, you could pick zones: Messiness, Viny, etc... which were asia/Europe/usa servers. You were never able to choose on which side (allied/german). Months ago per request (and I never wanted to add it because I always thought it would mess up the game), I added the option to choose teams for the subscribers. Since then, all this problems have arised: people are doing point harvesting, going all on one side just to get wins/points without even caring about playing on even games.

So yeah, things has been for the worse since allowing to pick teams. It was much more fun before.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Acegirl, {GI} E*A*G*L*E, dognamitt, DireWolf{WP}

why not ! 6 years 10 months ago #362196

• [*M] GAW
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 4094
Now I see a lot of players on the losing side leave the game just before it ends. I see this a lot. I was wondering why. Could it be that they know the winning side will get fewer points if there are fewer reds at the end of the game. Not sure how your logic is set up on the points based on number of players, but this might be something that some are taking advantage of.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dognamitt, DireWolf{WP}

why not ! 6 years 10 months ago #362202

• dognamitt
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
yep Gaw a imminent loss makes em leave like rats from a sinking ship maybe if zup deducted points for you leaving the game in the last few embers of the game more would stay.like if carrier is below a certain % or two hangars are left . Like ace girl said and im gonna say again squad wars is just a list of points and to some its the points are more important than having fun with like minded people

[*M] GAW wrote: Now I see a lot of players on the losing side leave the game just before it ends. I see this a lot. I was wondering why. Could it be that they know the winning side will get fewer points if there are fewer reds at the end of the game. Not sure how your logic is set up on the points based on number of players, but this might be something that some are taking advantage of.

why not ! 6 years 10 months ago #362288

• ZebraUp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Flying & Fighting with STYLE!
  • Thank you received: 4244

zuperman wrote:

[*M] Pagan wrote:

zuperman wrote:

[*M] Pagan wrote:

darraxx wrote:

Yep, your mind is playing tricks on you. You were never able to choose sides until a few months ago. 3 years ago Elite didn't even exist and I added that option on Elite. Before WW2 was added, you could pick zones: Messiness, Viny, etc... which were asia/Europe/usa servers. You were never able to choose on which side (allied/german). Months ago per request (and I never wanted to add it because I always thought it would mess up the game), I added the option to choose teams for the subscribers. Since then, all this problems have arised: people are doing point harvesting, going all on one side just to get wins/points without even caring about playing on even games.

So yeah, things has been for the worse since allowing to pick teams. It was much more fun before.

I think what Pagan was referring to was that years ago you could quit a mission and try to spawn back into the same mission and if you did you had a 50/50 chance of being able to switch sides.. I did it many a time however many times I spawned into a different mission as well lol!
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M] Pagan

Last edit: by ZebraUp.

why not ! 6 years 10 months ago #362306

• [*M] Pagan
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

ZebraUp wrote:

zuperman wrote:

[*M] Pagan wrote:

zuperman wrote:

[*M] Pagan wrote:

darraxx wrote:

I think what Pagan was referring to was that years ago you could quit a mission and try to spawn back into the same mission and if you did you had a 50/50 chance of being able to switch sides.. I did it many a time however many times I spawned into a different mission as well lol!

Thanks Zeb , that was what I was referring to ...ahh the good old days..before all the cyber bulling started.

The following user(s) said Thank You: {GI} E*A*G*L*E

why not ! 6 years 10 months ago #362310

• darraxx
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

[*M] Pagan wrote:

ZebraUp wrote:

zuperman wrote:

[*M] Pagan wrote:

zuperman wrote:

[*M] Pagan wrote:

darraxx wrote:

Thanks Zeb , that was what I was referring to ...ahh the good old days..before all the cyber bulling started.

That sounds like the way to go..
Even though we all hunt for points to rank up its the way you earn them that matters .yes helping out the noobs is a good thing .but at what cost did the ability to choose allied or german do to the game .like i said before it was asked for so we could fly with friends and some just had to abuse it for thier own gain and stuff the game .
Funny part is its not their fault i didnt do that. it wasnt me .they made me do it. Buttercups
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M] Pagan, Acegirl, dognamitt

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.654 seconds