Warning

Empty password not allowed.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Dogfight forum!

Tell us and other pilots who you are, what you like and why you became a Dogfight pilot.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Contribution: How to Effectively Tackle Camping 8 years 3 months ago #312238

• [NLR] The Blue Fighter
  • [NLR] The Blue Fighter's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Nothing is Impossible.
  • Thank you received: 9789

Many time you have faced situation wherein a Red pilot with best plane keep shooting you on runway itself. Mostly, 90% of the pilots leave the game but if you want to challenge the camper, here are few tips which might help you.

Tip-1 (Contributed by D93Gunzzz... Thank You Sir)
Here is one tip on how to get your plane off the ground. When the red planes are coming in with bullets flying at you and you have just spawned, put the brake on and put your throttle all the way up. AS SOON as you see that the nose of your plane starts dropping down release the brake (press the brake button) and this will make your plane take off faster and give you a better chance.

Tip-2 Team Work

Enable Team Chat first.
Camper can’t shoot you till your plane brakes are on.
Zuperman has given immunity to certain level pilots wherein you can’t shoot them in air also for say about 5 seconds or so.
If you are lucky to have noob on your side, tell him or your next buddy to take off and meanwhile you keep your plane ready for instant take off by using procedure in Tip-1 above. As soon as the camper go for noob/buddy plane you take off and shoot him.

Tip-3
If you are shot on runway by camper, don’t respawn but select walk and use soldier gun and try to shoot from gun, you have 25 bullets in full upgraded soldier rifle. I use it very effectively. Try that, you will start loving campers for shooting practice :).

Tip-4 (for experienced pilot)

Camper usually come from behind and shoot you just when you are about to take off. So start taxiing your plane with half throttle and as your hear camper shooting at you, apply brake and instantly give full throttle. As soon as camper fly past you, release brake and take off. This way you will be at camper's plane tail and have chance to shoot him down. Applying brake at half throttle will not make you crash.

Tip-5 (Contributed by Darraxx... Thank You Sir)
If you have a camper that stays behind your base, you can turn your plane around at the spawn point hit your brakes then fly. I have used this on more than one occasion, works well.

Important: Please remember zup himself said if you are shot more than 3 times without being able to take off (unless you are on bomb run) then it's considered spawn killing and should be reported using in game reporting system.

Tip-6 (Contributed by McFate... Thank You Sir)
Once when a red landed behind my spawn point in a btc, I set my brake and throttled up. I was going to try to hold the brake until the last moment then pop into the air in an effort to avoid getting spawn killed as he took off behind me, but I accidentally held the brake too long and flipped over nose first. I ended up facing upside down and backwards with live guns!

The occasions where this could be useful are rare but it can happen. I've done it intentionally on the lower deck of the carrier in a capture game.

The above tips may help and give you 50%-75% chance to bring down the camper. Type of plane you have plays a vital role in take-off and speed. The better the plane the better are the chances.

Members may add further tips which they found effective in dealing campers.

The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] McFate, {GI} E*A*G*L*E, nebular, D93 Big Gunzzz, airwolff

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by [NLR] The Blue Fighter.

Contribution: How to Effectively Tackle Camping 8 years 3 months ago #312239

• darraxx
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 10674
Please remember zup himself said if you are shot more than 3 times without being able to take off (this does not include just getting your wheels of the ground ) then it's considered spawn killing and should be reported using in game report.

Also if you have a camper that stays behind your base .you can turn your plane around at the spawn point hit your brakes then fly .I have used this on more than one occasion works well
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] McFate, [NLR] The Blue Fighter

Contribution: How to Effectively Tackle Camping 8 years 3 months ago #312307

• [NLR] McFate
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Don't believe everything you think.
  • Thank you received: 5398
Once when a red landed behind my spawn point in a btc, I set my brake and throttled up. I was going to try to hold the brake until the last moment then pop into the air in an effort to avoid getting spawn killed as he took off behind me, but I accidentally held the brake too long and flipped over nose first. I ended up facing upside down and backwards with live guns!
:evil:

I took out the red but unfortunately botched it trying to take off while upside down. :lol: The occasions where this could be useful are rare but it can happen. I've done it intentionally on the lower deck of the carrier in a capture game.

(Good post rabbit. Let me know if you find that quote from zup about the 3 times. I'll put it in the "law library")
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] The Blue Fighter, S. E. Dailey

Last edit: by [NLR] McFate.

Contribution: How to Effectively Tackle Camping 8 years 3 months ago #312311

• 6gun
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 165
Any game i enter first thing I do is apply brakes.if red above base I throttle little over half, take a 360 degree view an try to time takeoff so red is not behind me full throttle wait second then take off

Contribution: How to Effectively Tackle Camping 8 years 3 months ago #312501

• ZebraUp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Flying & Fighting with STYLE!
  • Thank you received: 4244

Good info Blue for both newer players and even some more experienced ones.. Great Job!

Contribution: How to Effectively Tackle Camping 8 years 3 months ago #312576

• darraxx
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 10674
I am.sorry but I need to change one thing in my statement it does include just getting your wheels off the ground .
I just noticed that was in there .unless your on a bomb run shooting planes as they just take off while your camping is considered spawn killing.
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] The Blue Fighter

Contribution: How to Effectively Tackle Camping 8 years 3 months ago #312694

• Luke Skystalker
  • Thank you received: 74

BE SURE TO TAKE YOUR TACKLE WHEN YOU GO CAMPING

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.482 seconds