Warning

Empty password not allowed.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Dogfight forum!

Tell us and other pilots who you are, what you like and why you became a Dogfight pilot.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Contribution: How to Become Better Shooter 8 years 4 months ago #308716

• [NLR] The Blue Fighter
  • [NLR] The Blue Fighter's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Nothing is Impossible.
  • Thank you received: 9789

How To Become A Better Shooter

There are many excellent shooter out here and I request them to contribute to this topic.
  • The first and foremost don’t shoot your team in Blue.
  • You need good practice and patience before becoming a good shooter.
  • Control on plane, how fast you can align with red plane, who shoot first are the essentials of good shooter.
  • Some day you shoot well and other day not, it’s all normal.
  • Whoever starts shooting first has better chance than the latter, so try to align to red plane rapidly and start shooting.
  • If you do shoot the plane, keep shooting it till you get the red plane chute too. As most of time we stop firing soon after shooting the plane and the para soldier of red plane take advantage of that and may shoot your plane. So the rule is keep shooting till you get the chute soldier too.
  • If red is firing at you and you are unable to align, evade the bullets by maneuvering the plane. Not many pilots can do this and that includes me but there are few who mastered it and have better chance to shoot you. You can notice that while playing too.
  • Keep the bomb don’t drop it unless there is red pilot who too is dropping. Dropping the bomb increase the speed and maneuverability but make it difficult to aim.
  • There is sensitivity bar in control option under setting section on the main screen. Don’t maximize it as it will make it difficult to align with red plane for shooting. Increase the sensitivity in steps if it helps you else leave it as default.
  • If plane is far away, try to practice the following to shoot the long distance plane. Hope it may work for you.

Contributed by E*A*G*L*E:
  • If you're in a mission where you do drop your bomb; Dogfight, Zeppelin, Capture the Flag, or Capture the Carrier; and you need to straight shoot, then drop your speed to at least 140, some pilot go a lot slower because it gives you more stability to aim
  • If you are coming from the side (or above/below) then aim in front of the plane (aka leading the plane). You'll have to figure out how far in front you need to aim based on the distance. Use the tracers as a guide.
Contributed by Zebraup
Rather, I think you should MAX sensitivity the moment you start playing this game or learn how to do it.. especially since there are so many non-bombing missions now and all you are doing with lower sensitivity is handing your opponent a HUGE advantage in a dogfight scenario. In a dogfight having your sensitivity down is almost the same as flying a plane 2 tiers below the one you are in as far as being able to maneuver is concerned. Heck, even just a slight amount of lower sensitivity below MAX is you clearly extending a helping hand to the red trying to shoot you.

Contributed by CC Rider
I agree with Zebra on that one Blue as I run my sensitivity at max . Then you are prepared for what ever situation arises . Just fly at lower speed when head on fighting . The bombs you are carrying will help stabalise your plane . Also drop size of name tag down to under half so the enemy plane is easier to locate in your inner circle .

The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] McFate, {GI} E*A*G*L*E, 6gun, SavageViking, DireWolf{WP****}

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by [NLR] The Blue Fighter.

Contribution: How to Become Better Shooter 8 years 4 months ago #308772

• {GI} E*A*G*L*E
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Long live GI
  • Thank you received: 3213
Ok here are a couple more:
  • If you're in a mission where you do drop your bomb; Dogfight, Zeppelin, Capture the Flag, or Capture the Carrier; and you need to straight shoot, then drop your speed to at least 140, some pilot go a lot slower because it gives you more stability to aim
  • If you are coming from the side (or above/below) then aim in front of the plane (aka leading the plane). You'll have to figure out how far in front you need to aim based on the distance. Use the tracers as a guide.
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] The Blue Fighter, 6gun, SavageViking

Last edit: by {GI} E*A*G*L*E.

Contribution: How to Become Better Shooter 8 years 4 months ago #308784

• 6gun
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 165
Wouldnt distance an what size device you use change that aiming circle?I know on my device that would not work im on 7 in tablet
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] The Blue Fighter

Contribution: How to Become Better Shooter 8 years 4 months ago #308786

• Husky Dog
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 3536
And most importantly, don't do what Husky Don't does.

Seriously, I'm terrible!

To the fowl whose fiery eyes now burned into thy bosom’s core

Contribution: How to Become Better Shooter 8 years 4 months ago #308809

• ZebraUp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Flying & Fighting with STYLE!
  • Thank you received: 4244

Just one little thing Blue Fighter that I think differently about than you.

[NLR] The Blue Fighter wrote:

How To Become A Better Shooter

• There is sensitivity bar in control option under setting section on the main screen. Don’t maximize it as it will make it difficult to align with red plane for shooting. Increase the sensitivity in steps if it helps you else leave it as default.

• Rather, I think you should MAX sensitivity the moment you start playing this game or learn how to do it.. especially since there are so many non-bombing missions now and all you are doing with lower sensitivity is handing your opponent a HUGE advantage in a dogfight scenario. In a dogfight having your sensitivity down is almost the same as flying a plane 2 tiers below the one you are in as far as being able to maneuver is concerned. Heck, even just a slight amount of lower sensitivity below MAX is you clearly extending a helping hand to the red trying to shoot you.
    :lol:
    This is one of the first pieces of advice I give to new pilots at Lafayette and other newer players I run into that seem to want to get better.. (as well as a few well-known players wanting to be better dogfighters)

By the way Blue.. great job on both these threads for the newer players as well as your statistics pages! THANKS!!
    The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M]Skyripper, [NLR] The Blue Fighter

Last edit: by ZebraUp.

Contribution: How to Become Better Shooter 8 years 4 months ago #308833

• D- CC RIDER
    • Platinum Member
    • Platinum Member
    • Never suffer fools lightly .
    • Thank you received: 5843
    I agree with Zebra on that one Blue as I run my sensitivity at max . Then you are prepared for what ever situation arises . Just fly at lower speed when head on fighting . The bombs you are carrying will help stabalise your plane . Also drop size of name tag down to under half so the enemy plane is easier to locate in your inner circle .
    Attachments:
    The following user(s) said Thank You: ZebraUp, [NLR] The Blue Fighter

Contribution: How to Become Better Shooter 8 years 4 months ago #308882

• [NLR] The Blue Fighter
    • [NLR] The Blue Fighter's Avatar Topic Author
    • Platinum Member
    • Platinum Member
    • Nothing is Impossible.
    • Thank you received: 9789

6. gun wrote: Wouldnt distance an what size device you use change that aiming circle?I know on my device that would not work im on 7 in tablet

No the size remains proportionate to the device screen you view.
    The following user(s) said Thank You: 6gun

Contribution: How to Become Better Shooter 8 years 4 months ago #308907

• 6gun
    • Banned
    • Banned
    • Thank you received: 165
    Dont think this will work on my kindle the circle is 3/4 inch round on a 7 in by 3 in screen if pilot is flying low I would be shooting into ground.thank you I maybe wrong been there before

Contribution: How to Become Better Shooter 8 years 4 months ago #309837

• 111th| Heroicz
    • Platinum Member
    • Platinum Member
    • Top 100 {Moraf}.."Try Not To Think About It ?" :)
    • Thank you received: 291
    Well this is official. I lke to say thank you to all those who contributed to this thread. Platinum topic, even more so epic on discussion. idk about others in the community but i'm marking this as a favorite, along with the unofficial rules to dogfight & a couple of my topics which has some top pilots opinion in matters that concern the strategy playing of the game. Bluefighter, Mcfate, I myself & the [M]isfits opening page on Squadron rules makes a pretty gud library of congress to try to help contribute to putting things in perspective when it comes to ~dogfight~/ Rules/ Stats/ Gameplay/ & Strategy, now... let's fight :)

ps.. Gud job Bluefighter again for this wonderful thread, & thanks Zeb, CC & to all those who posted this topic & participated or participates in this discussion. I find this thread of value & helpful to those learning & to those wanting to continue in learning.
    The 111th Falcon Squadron.. Marshal of The Royal Air Force.

Last edit: by 111th| Heroicz.

Contribution: How to Become Better Shooter 8 years 4 months ago #309876

• tailzz,vip
    • User is blocked
    • User is blocked
    • wtf
    • Thank you received: 92
    Interesting and detailed advice blue,I have never read that before. I never broke down the game as much as u have. Very good basic shooting advice. The most important thing for me is plane settings nose up but when my phone is level,so what I do is compensate for my plane being at a 45 angle but I'm in my playing position. Then next u have to learn throttle control,again this is different if u are on phone vs pc. I'm in and out my throttle constantly. Another is the first person who is shooting is often the one killed fist, I always shoot 4-6 round bursts. For some reason when I'm pinned on fire button your timing is off if u hadent got a hit in the first couple burst. And u end up dead. Best a
    Shooting advice would be learn to throttle down as soon as u see red,and take your time and don't let in coming rounds destacte you stay focused on target and in and out of gun don't keep finger on button tap it a few times.
    The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] The Blue Fighter, dognamitt

Contribution: How to Become Better Shooter 8 years 4 months ago #309898

• dognamitt
    • Platinum Member
    • Platinum Member
    • you will miss 100% of the shots you dont take
    • Thank you received: 5755
    i read some of the advice above by different pilots and everyone has a different technique you need to find one that suits you. I hardly use the throttle and fly at full speed . getting the first shot in helps me a lot (being quick and accurate to lock on at high speed takes practice )i usually always carry a bomb even in games that don't need one catchflag/dogfight/ in catchcarrier ill only eject bomb just before i pick up flag or if the carrier is white and i know i can get to it before it goes red (a lot of people surprised when they have brake on and i bomb their ass)and carring a bomb in dogfight is very hard to master and will drop it if out maneuvered or need extra speed . and use the landscape as cover if your alone against two or three planes you can only shoot at one ill duck behind hill so one cant get me while i shoot the other this way the odds are more even .last of all don't be a target stay on the move

Last edit: by dognamitt.
    • Page:
    Time to create page: 0.491 seconds