Warning

Empty password not allowed.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Dogfight forum!

Tell us and other pilots who you are, what you like and why you became a Dogfight pilot.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC:

H.O.H. Best Honorable Pilot Voting Closed! 8 years 10 months ago #272163

• [*M]Skyripper
  • [*M]Skyripper's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • "Time is infinite, Life is not"
  • Thank you received: 11461
Best Honorable Pilot

This is a vote for the Most Honorable Pilot. One who never camps, Spawn Kills, or Drops.
Flys with the Best etiquette. Immediately apologizes for accidental "friendly fire" and never takes advantage of a glitch.
Who are your Nominees?

Rules Below

Rules for Nominating and Voting

Sub Categories
I
The first 5 Sub Categories will be:

1. Best Tank Driver

2. Best Rifle Shooter Chute or Ground

3. Best Entertainer in Game

4. Best Entertainer Forum /WC

5. Best Honorable Pilot

IMPORTANT:
Separate threads have been created for each category to ease the compilation process.
Please vote under the respective thread categories.

The Sub categories will be different for each Month. This will help reduce bias in voting.

Sub Category Voting
  • Each Month Sub Categories will be released each week. Voting will last for 10 days.
  • During this period everyone will be allowed to vote for 3 people per category.
  • You cannot vote for yourself.
  • Please use the Players full in game / forum name, include their Squad name if applicable.
  • This will help avoid confusion of names. If necessary we will send you a PM to clarify.
  • If you select more than 3 people, we will use the first 3 names in your post.
  • When making your votes we urge you to consider, game play, skill, attitude, and participation in the game, forum, and Dogfight Community.
  • After voting ends on each thread names will be compiled.
  • We will then present the top ten members from each category.
  • Their names will be added to the Hall of Honor under the category for the Month.
  • The 2 members with the highest vote total of all 5 categories will win a nomination for the Best of the Best category.

Best of the Best

Nominations and Voting
  • Nominations for the Best of the Best will begin on the 1st of every Third Month and will last for 10 days.
  • Each person can nominate 3 people.
  • Please use members full in game / forum name.
  • If you nominate more than 3 people, we will take the first 3 names in your post.
  • At the end of the nomination period the 4 highest vote totals plus the 2 Nominees from the Sub Categories will be presented for voting.
  • Once voting begins everyone will be allowed to vote for 3 of the nominees.
  • You cannot vote for yourself.
  • The voting period will last for 10 days.
  • If you cast multiple votes, again, we will use the first name in your post.
  • At the conclusion of the voting period, votes will be tallied and the 4 Inductees will be announced on the nomination / voting thread.

• Their names will be added to the Official Hall of Honor list.
  • They will also be given a badge to add into their signature identifying them as a Member of the Hall of Honor.

IMPORTANT NOTES:
  • There will not be a "Hall of Shame". This Hall is totally focused on the positive aspects and influences of the game and Players.
  • Second, in the event of a tie in either category, World Rank will decide the winner.

[M]isfit to the core
The following user(s) said Thank You: ZebraUp, [NLR] The Blue Fighter, tKestrel, Acegirl, V.Huntress War, Evermec, D93 Big Gunzzz

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by [*M]Skyripper. Reason: Content change

H.O.H. Best Honorable Pilot 8 years 10 months ago #272169

• tKestrel
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Flying only when the Blu moon comes out
  • Thank you received: 478
Idk. I havent flown with most of the young aces these days.

There is only 2 pilots i think of right off the bat here and those 2 are

1. Vonkopp (VonHulk)
2. And Davy "the bully" Crocket

And preferably in that order.
Von is one of the most honorable pilots i know. Heck the first game i met him, he switched to help me out when it was me against 5. He didnt know me and i didnt know him. We actually turned around to win that game. Its one of the very few games i remember like it was yesterday. It was that day that von earned all my respect as a pilot and a friend. If von doesnt win this one ima be floored.
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M]VonHuLK, [*M]Skyripper, Acegirl, Evermec, nebular, D93 Big Gunzzz

H.O.H. Best Honorable Pilot 8 years 10 months ago #272170

• ZebraUp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Flying & Fighting with STYLE!
  • Thank you received: 4244

[M]Skyripper wrote:

Best Honorable Pilot

This is a vote for the Most Honorable Pilot. One who never camps, Spawn Kills, or Drops.
Flys with the Best etiquette. Immediately apologizes for accidental "friendly fire" and never takes advantage of a glitch.
Who are your Nominees?

Hold on a second.. ummmm.. you are saying that there is something is wrong with camping?? :S That it's dishonorable?!?

I beg to differ. Personally I LOVE camping.. and I am always considerate and bring my hammock and plenty enough marshmellows for all to have as I roast them over the reds burning plane wreckage when I go camping!

Now let me note that my version of camping does NOT include spawnkilling. But as I see it, if I finally get a chance to bomb your hangars or carrier you can be darned well certain that I will dance through the sky above and around your base in joyful celebration after I do! :P I will let you take off.. let you drop and/or turn and/or start firing BEFORE I try to kill you B)

I consider myself an honorable player here.. I only drop in bombing missions if reds do (or to catch a high sneaker etc.) I don't spawnkill.. and I never have taken advantage of a glitch in the game that is to my benefit.. but you're saying camping is dishonorable???

*sigh* :unsure:

As for who I vote for..

RT
Hulk
Mrs.Whip (Thulsa Doom)
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M]VonHuLK, {O}__PREDATOR__, [*M]Skyripper, [NLR] The Blue Fighter, Acegirl, dognamitt, nebular

Last edit: by ZebraUp.

H.O.H. Best Honorable Pilot 8 years 10 months ago #272171

• [*M]Skyripper
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Well said Blu!

[M]isfit to the core
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M]VonHuLK, tKestrel, Acegirl

H.O.H. Best Honorable Pilot 8 years 10 months ago #272172

• Evermec
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 525
Vanessa da lua
Von Hulk
Dognamitt
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M]VonHuLK, [*M]Skyripper, [NLR] The Blue Fighter, Acegirl, V.Huntress War, dognamitt, D93 Big Gunzzz

Last edit: by Evermec.

H.O.H. Best Honorable Pilot 8 years 10 months ago #272173

• [*M]Skyripper
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

ZebraUp wrote:

[M]Skyripper wrote:

Best Honorable Pilot

Who are your Nominees?

Hold on a second.. ummmm.. you are saying that there is something is wrong with camping?? :S That it's dishonorable?!?

I beg to differ. Personally I LOVE camping.. and I am always considerate and bring my hammock and plenty enough marshmellows for all to have as I roast them over the reds burning plane wreckage when I go camping!

Now let me note that my version of camping does NOT include spawnkilling. But as I see it, if I finally get a chance to bomb your hangars or carrier you can be darned well certain that I will dance through the sky above and around your base in joyful celebration after I do! :P I will let you take off.. let you drop and/or turn and/or start firing BEFORE I try to kill you B)

I consider myself an honorable player here.. I only drop in bombing missions if reds do (or to catch a high sneaker etc.) I don't spawnkill.. and I never have taken advantage of a glitch in the game that is to my benefit.. but you're saying camping is dishonorable???

*sigh* :unsure:

Zebra, I've flown against you several times. You are definitely an Honorable Pilot. Nothing wrong with your version of Camping, you give someone a chance. I do the same thing after bombing, I usually extend towards the middle and wait for a round or two to flash past, so for the sake of this thread let me set a definition.

[M]isfit to the core
The following user(s) said Thank You: ZebraUp, Acegirl, Evermec

H.O.H. Best Honorable Pilot 8 years 10 months ago #272174

• Evermec
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 525
Zebra up and not to justify his actions just vote!
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M]Skyripper, Acegirl, dognamitt

H.O.H. Best Honorable Pilot 8 years 10 months ago #272175

• MrBrandman
  • Thank you received: 24
This is the easiest category yet.

Thulsa Doom
Whiplash
Dognamitt
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M]Skyripper, [NLR] The Blue Fighter, Acegirl, Evermec, dognamitt, D93 Big Gunzzz

H.O.H. Best Honorable Pilot 8 years 10 months ago #272177

• [*M]Skyripper
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
DEFINITION OF CAMPING SPECIFICALLY FOR THIS THREAD

To avoid confusion please use this rule of thumb as a guideline for "Camping" on this thread.
Consider a pilot to be Camping if they:
Drop and proceed to the enemy base or Carrier and remains there solely for the purpose of gathering Kills.
OR a Pilot who remains behind a Base or Carrier attacking from an unseen vantage point repeatedly with no incoming team mates, and not providing any opportunity for an opponent to begin to fight solely for the purpose of gathering kills.

[M]isfit to the core
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] The Blue Fighter, Acegirl, V.Huntress War, Evermec, dognamitt, nebular, D93 Big Gunzzz

H.O.H. Best Honorable Pilot 8 years 10 months ago #272178

• [*M]Comet
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Take off eh!
  • Thank you received: 11899
VonHulk
Monster Cannon
TBuilt

There are lots and lots of honourable pilots that could be mentioned here...I am in a squad that's full of them.
Bannerless and naked. Whatever...
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M]VonHuLK, [*M]ONSTER CANNON, [*M]Skyripper, [NLR] The Blue Fighter, Acegirl, Evermec, dognamitt, nebular, D93 Big Gunzzz

H.O.H. Best Honorable Pilot 8 years 10 months ago #272181

• Husky Dog
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 3536
Oh gosh, so many that I could vote for. Viper, Hulk and... I'm gonna throw a dart and say... Hmmm... Came up Blackwolf.

To the fowl whose fiery eyes now burned into thy bosom’s core
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M]VonHuLK, [*M]Skyripper, [NLR] The Blue Fighter, Acegirl, Viper10{WP}, dognamitt, nebular, D93 Big Gunzzz

H.O.H. Best Honorable Pilot 8 years 10 months ago #272182

• Weather[*M]an
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • C'est la vie
  • Thank you received: 2065
Hulk and Hulk and Hulk
Ignorance has a way of enlightening us all.

The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M]VonHuLK, [*M]Destroyer24, [*M]Skyripper, [NLR] The Blue Fighter, Acegirl, Evermec, D93 Big Gunzzz

H.O.H. Best Honorable Pilot 8 years 10 months ago #272183

• [*M]Skyripper
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
I usually wait a day or so, but here are my 3.
Von Hulk ( took me under his wing and taught me the errors of my ways )
ZebraUp ( always been amazed with his skill and well manners in a game )
Husky Dog ( formidable opponent and one of the fairest Fighters out there )

[M]isfit to the core
The following user(s) said Thank You: ZebraUp, [NLR] The Blue Fighter, Acegirl, Evermec, Viper10{WP}, dognamitt, nebular

H.O.H. Best Honorable Pilot 8 years 10 months ago #272189

• V.Huntress War
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • (°-°)
  • Thank you received: 1369

Evermec

Frits

Wiggle plane

★★★★

The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M]Skyripper, [NLR] The Blue Fighter, Acegirl, Evermec, dognamitt, D93 Big Gunzzz

H.O.H. Best Honorable Pilot 8 years 10 months ago #272190

• Artho[M]an
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • likes history,aircraft,,sports & horse racing
  • Thank you received: 1225
D6T1 for starters, never cheats and leaves games no questions asked if invisible.
Lowden Clear I have found to be a good choice.
D93 Big Gunzzz always fights fair
The following user(s) said Thank You: {O}__PREDATOR__, [*M]Skyripper, [NLR] The Blue Fighter, Acegirl, dognamitt, D93 Big Gunzzz

Last edit: by Artho[M]an. Reason: third nomination

H.O.H. Best Honorable Pilot 8 years 10 months ago #272197

• [NLR] Finn
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Be Obscure Clearly~e.b.white
  • Thank you received: 577
Disrupt
Dognamitt
Comet

As for Zebra's tantrum: An honorable camper is an oxymoron in my book of DF definitions. I don't quite understand how anyone can advocate it with a vote.
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M]Skyripper, [NLR] The Blue Fighter, Acegirl, [*M]Comet, Evermec, dognamitt, [NLR]DIS*RUPT, D93 Big Gunzzz

H.O.H. Best Honorable Pilot 8 years 10 months ago #272198

• [*M]ONSTER CANNON
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 9167
I wish I could vote all misfits....but I also need to add BX3, Xray, von kilner
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M]Skyripper, [NLR] The Blue Fighter, Acegirl, dognamitt

H.O.H. Best Honorable Pilot 8 years 10 months ago #272199

• ZebraUp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Flying & Fighting with STYLE!
  • Thank you received: 4244

Not a "tantrum" Finn.. I just view camping as a tactic. Not something that should be considered deplorable. I advocate camping and sneaking both.. both are just tactics. Neither should be considered dishonorable.

I didn't post my viewpoint for any reason other than my surprise at camping being considered anything else other than a tactic.
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M]Skyripper, Acegirl, dognamitt

H.O.H. Best Honorable Pilot 8 years 10 months ago #272204

• [*M]Skyripper
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

ZebraUp wrote: Not a "tantrum" Finn.. I just view camping as a tactic. Not something that should be considered deplorable. I advocate camping and sneaking both.. both are just tactics. Neither should be considered dishonorable.

I didn't post my viewpoint for any reason other than my surprise at camping being considered anything else other than a tactic.

Again Zebra your definition vs. popular opinion varies greatly. By your own words I would not call that camping. I would call that a Tatic. You give opponents an opportunity to fight. And as you see by my vote, I and I know many others respect you as quite an honorable Pilot! You have never played with dishonor in any game that I have seen you in. Your presence in this Community is one of respect. There is a fine line between spawn killing and camping. Your definition comes nowhere near either.

[M]isfit to the core
The following user(s) said Thank You: ZebraUp, Acegirl

H.O.H. Best Honorable Pilot 8 years 10 months ago #272207

• Viper10{WP}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Tip of the spear
  • Thank you received: 7914

Lots of honorable players.... hard to narrow it down.

Hammer tool (rookie day is the epitome of honorable play)
D93 Gunzzz
1001/Husky Dog in a rare tie for third (Yeah, I snuck in an extra vote that way)

Any GI, Misfit, DD, Lafeyette, MOM, or WP can easily be on the list.... I don't see any dishonorable play from any of those squad personnel.

United We Prowl/Together We Howl
The following user(s) said Thank You: [e]hammer_tool, [*M]VonHuLK, ZebraUp, TOPH, [*M]Skyripper, [NLR] The Blue Fighter, Acegirl, nebular, D93 Big Gunzzz

H.O.H. Best Honorable Pilot 8 years 10 months ago #272211

• [*M]ONSTER CANNON
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 9167
I'm sure this thread is not made for debating what honorable verses dishonorable play is. If some view camping as dishonorable, then so be it. Some don't and view it as a tactic to help the team and will vote accordingly. Let's not turn this into a brawl. Vote and be done with it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M]VonHuLK, [*M]Skyripper, [NLR] The Blue Fighter, tKestrel, Acegirl

H.O.H. Best Honorable Pilot 8 years 10 months ago #272212

• dognamitt
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • you will miss 100% of the shots you dont take
  • Thank you received: 5755
MR von HULK he gets the green light
Gizmo the real gent of the skys
RCFLYER EVEN THO HE CALLS ME NAMES
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M]VonHuLK, [NLR] The Blue Fighter, Acegirl, Evermec, D93 Big Gunzzz

H.O.H. Best Honorable Pilot 8 years 10 months ago #272235

• [NLR] Finn
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Be Obscure Clearly~e.b.white
You’re right, Zebra; bad word choice on my part. Your post wasn’t a tantrum as I carelessly mentioned above. It was a much needed defense on your part. After all, if one is a well-known and self-described camper, then defending those tactics is a necessity especially when it comes to a topic about honor. Or so I thought.

With all of the discussion had on this topic, I thought it plainly clear that camping was a dishonorable activity. For example, Ripper, a few posts above, defined a part of camping well when he said, “pilots who remain behind a base or carrier attacking from an unseen vantage point repeatedly with no incoming teammates.” From what I understood until today is that few would disagree with Rip.

Yet, his description is very much my experience when flying against you, Zebra, especially in DF scenarios. Therefore, I must admit that for a long time I have considered you a less-than-honorable camper, one mostly likely found hovering directly behind a runway. This should come as no insult to you, and I sincerely hope it isn’t one, as you have recently proclaimed a love for lounging in your “hammock with plenty enough marshm[a]llows for all to have as [you] roast them over the reds burning plane wreckage” while camping. Where we disagree (or possibly where I misunderstood) is, therefore, with the word “honorable” - not “camping.”

However, there is much more to be said. What is the most interesting about this thread is that you, Zebra, have at least two votes for Most Honorable. With that said, my interest with this vote has increased tenfold. It may turn out that I have been playing this game all wrong for well over a year. In addition, I may have misjudged you. Camping may not only be honorable, but most honorable.

Finally, I’d like to point out to all voters that if self-described campers make it into the Hall of Honor as Most Honorable, then none should be surprised if camping becomes the new norm rather than the exception (regardless of the chosen adjective used to describe it). I will certainly reassess my stance on the subject. In fact, I have already. Zebra, and the votes for him, are changing my mind.

I look forward to the results.

H.O.H. Best Honorable Pilot 8 years 10 months ago #272255

• [*M]Skyripper
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
World War 3 wasn't the objective here. If this "camping thing" is such a controversy, I will remove it from the post. I based the thread off popular opinion. NOT to single out anyone or endorse any activity.
Again there are fine lines between opinions.
EDIT: my Rule of Thumb Definition in whole says:

OR a Pilot who remains behind a Base or Carrier attacking from an unseen vantage point repeatedly with no incoming team mates, and not providing any opportunity for an opponent to begin to fight solely for the purpose of gathering kills.

[M]isfit to the core
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gizmo., [*M]VonHuLK

Last edit: by [*M]Skyripper.

H.O.H. Best Honorable Pilot 8 years 10 months ago #272263

• [LB] Pedrinho
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • I took the RED PILL!
  • Thank you received: 2425
On the other categories, one could chose 3 names - mostly because chosing which player is more deadly on head-ons or turn-fights is an openly subjective matter.

But regarding this specific thread, in my humble opinion it is impossible to name 3 - because there is not a person being MORE honorable than another - its like pregnancy: there is not a woman who is "more pregnant" than another.
(And please, dont come with the easy-joke saying that a twin-pregnant is more pregnant than a normal-pregnant, or that a 9-months pregnant is "more pregnant" than a 3 monhts pregnant... pregnancy is pregnancy, period.)

Long story short: Honor is honor. You have it, or you dont.

So, for this thread sake, I refrain from voting.

====

Edit:
After posting, I read the thread title and thought: "Well, they aren't asking for the "most honorable", they are asking for the BEST honorable one... Hmm... whatever. Nevertheless, I will take it as if you guys meant "Most honorable", because there are, already, other threads for the "best" pilots.

:P :P :P

I took the RED PILL!
The following user(s) said Thank You: TOPH, [*M]Skyripper, Acegirl, Gunhill, D93 Big Gunzzz

Last edit: by [LB] Pedrinho.

H.O.H. Best Honorable Pilot 8 years 10 months ago #272294

• [NLR] The Blue Fighter
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Nothing is Impossible.
  • Thank you received: 9788
I'm voting amongst those whom I played the most

Mean
Von Kilner
Bullet
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M]Skyripper, Acegirl, Mean plane man 2, nebular

H.O.H. Best Honorable Pilot 8 years 10 months ago #272298

• [*M]Comet
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Take off eh!
  • Thank you received: 11899
You guys leave Finn alone...he voted for me so he can say what he wants! Hahaha!

Sorry to add clutter to the thread, my bad...
Bannerless and naked. Whatever...
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M]VonHuLK, [*M]Destroyer24, [NLR] Finn, [NLR] The Blue Fighter, Acegirl

H.O.H. Best Honorable Pilot 8 years 10 months ago #272300

• Longrifle
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 876
There's too many good pilots that are here to have fun and make it fun for others to narrow it down to just a few.

Many of the good ones have been mentioned already, but there are lots more. Some I don't see as much anymore. I won't start a list because I'll forget someone and by leaving them out make an unintended slight. Kudos to all the good guys of dogfight, mentioned here or not.
This Gun's For Hire

The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M]VonHuLK, [*M]Skyripper, [NLR] The Blue Fighter, Acegirl, nebular

H.O.H. Best Honorable Pilot 8 years 10 months ago #272304

• Stormbringer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • You may win the battle but not the war

tblu breeze

KtpnDigby

Guardian
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M]Skyripper, [NLR] The Blue Fighter, Acegirl, D93 Big Gunzzz

H.O.H. Best Honorable Pilot 8 years 10 months ago #272328

• [*M]Skyripper
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Maybe I should change this to most controversial? I know there are many pilots who fly honorably, just as there are great head on and turn fighters. This is no different. Surely there is someone who sticks out in your mind.

Can't wait until we start the Best of the Best!

[M]isfit to the core
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M]VonHuLK, Acegirl, Evermec, D93 Big Gunzzz

Time to create page: 1.058 seconds