Warning

Empty password not allowed.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Dogfight forum!

Tell us and other pilots who you are, what you like and why you became a Dogfight pilot.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!
  • Page:

TOPIC:

SNEAKING OR STRATEGY 8 years 10 months ago #276552

• {GI} E*A*G*L*E
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Long live GI
  • Thank you received: 3213

[AOV] Red-Baron1 wrote: The thing for me is, sneakers get an advantage over other players, just like droppers.

Wrong, they don't have an advantage over other players like droppers do. First of all, you have to have a lot of patience to go around or up above, and then when you get within radar range, you have to hope no reds are around, because unless you're really good at dropping from high and being accurate, then you have to dive bomb and most likely will be shot down. That is different than droppers who clearly have advantage over bomb laden planes.

[AOV] Red-Baron1 wrote: Sneakers don't fly "the valley of death" but they go high or around, avoiding all bullets, hence no deaths.

No deaths?!? How many "sneakers" have been shot down before being able to drop a bomb on the hangers, plenty. It's happened to me many times, therefore you can't say "NO" deaths.

[AOV] Red-Baron1 wrote: In this they just leave their teammates to die in the middle and avoid some deaths on their own score.

Granted they may not have as many deaths, however the team mates can work on drawing the reds away from their hanger, helping to ensure a successful bomb run. In this case, it's best to have your best pilots keeping the enemy engaged.

[AOV] Red-Baron1 wrote: I call that nothing more than cowardness, afraid to die and hence not willing to meet their faith. It also signals to me that you are to weak to beat the enemy, hence have to resort to sneak around him to get your win, in my opinion, the other side then deserves the win more.

This is just laughable. Just because someone may sneak (when the odds are fair), it doesn't mean they are afraid to die, nor that they are weak to beat the enemy, it's a tactic to get a hanger or two.

[AOV] Red-Baron1 wrote: Multiple pilots also hate droppers and campers, because of them resorting to other measures to get an advantage over the enemy. I count sneakers as advantage-takers too, as previouly mentioned why.

I previously mentioned why they are different. Also, it teaches the reds to be on their toes and pay attention to the other pilots. If you were on my team, and I hadn't seen a certain pilot in awhile, then I would alert you. I would ask where the pilot is, and to be on the look out for sneaking. If you can't pay attention, then it's your fault the sneaker got through.
The following user(s) said Thank You: |111th| MissHell, Acegirl, the gunslinger

Please Log in to join the conversation.

SNEAKING OR STRATEGY 8 years 10 months ago #276578

• dognamitt
  • dognamitt's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • you will miss 100% of the shots you dont take
  • Thank you received: 5756
LAST NIGHT BAHNFIRE got most of the hangars he had no kills he was on my side so red baron if you could have seen the team chat how he timed every dive to avoid the spawning reds you will know there is a lot of skill and cunning involved in this action. I even assited him by going wide to draw the reds away
To come on world chat and claim it was a dirty win is sore loosing if you know the guy is constantly sneaking and dont counter that act by guarding or posting a guard is basically your own fault.
I can understand peoples frustration if your out numbered but this game was even on both sides and evenly matched players but its very bull headed thinking you can just fly down the center and blast your way tough the reds ,and this is the attitude that cost you the game not the guy sneaking

Vary your game and make your self unpredictable this is the way the game has been played from day one you can come on world chat and bitch about cheats ect but legitamate game play comon grow up
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] McFate, ZebraUp, [*M] Pagan, Acegirl, Doggy Dix, {GI} E*A*G*L*E

Last edit: by dognamitt.

SNEAKING OR STRATEGY 8 years 10 months ago #276658

• DARK=X=RAIN248
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • u hear the thunder? the storm is coming
  • Thank you received: 375
U guys forgot about baiting ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Acegirl

SNEAKING OR STRATEGY 8 years 10 months ago #276660

• Ðélíríøú§
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Hunting you down till your delirious
  • Thank you received: 1045
Ok so this thread is still going sneaking is a strategy end of would you want to be shot in real life? NO you wouldn't if you where to achieve a objective or goal in life sometimes you have to be a little sneaky with it so here's a example if your a company selling a product and you see other companies are selling the same product you would be sneaky in a way of approaching the market like Yorkie Bars for example they had the slogan IT'S NOT FOR GIRLS who bought that mainly females just remember that what you say and do are sneaky
The most Delirious Hunter Around

New Age Warriors Founder
The following user(s) said Thank You: |111th| MissHell, Acegirl

SNEAKING OR STRATEGY 8 years 9 months ago #285169

• dognamitt
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Me and playing mantis have a few guys disagree with tactical play ie sneaking so im bumping this
The following user(s) said Thank You: [LB] Pedrinho

SNEAKING OR STRATEGY 8 years 9 months ago #285174

• dognamitt
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Bump

Dognamitt wrote: After a pretty long game this morning against Sir davey crockett it was hard pushin up the middle so i decided a little bit of strategy was needed .
i went wide a few times and scored a few hangars wile my comrades where being slaughtered.And sometimes i was sneaking just in his view to draw him away from my team so they had a chance to get thu the middle
after the game i was on the phone with Davey he said it was the best game he had in a long time and didnt understand why people get all bent out of shape and start calling people sneakers ect he said he had the thrill of trying to work out who was coming from where and he enjoyed the hunt
great game davey always enjoy you being a red

The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] McFate, [*M]VonHuLK, Acegirl, Gannet, Viper10{WP}, {GI} E*A*G*L*E, Jasta1

SNEAKING OR STRATEGY 8 years 9 months ago #285219

• Rudolf Rednose
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 2783
I sneak in an even game, because I have the obcessive desire for being missed.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Acegirl, Gannet, dognamitt, KoolKatWarrior

Last edit: by Rudolf Rednose.

SNEAKING OR STRATEGY 8 years 9 months ago #285224

• Gannet
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 4459
I sneak that good most people don't even realize I was in the game.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rudolf Rednose, Acegirl, dognamitt

SNEAKING OR STRATEGY 8 years 9 months ago #285294

• 6gun
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 165
Scubby how goes strategic bombing done at rite time with teammates notified carring two bombs effective but alot sneak when there team having hard time defending that may lead to trouble
The following user(s) said Thank You: dognamitt

SNEAKING OR STRATEGY 8 years 9 months ago #285305

• [NLR] McFate
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Don't believe everything you think.
  • Thank you received: 5398
Yeah 6 gun,

Sneaking is definitely a gamble. There are good times and bad times to do it and it certainly has no guarantees. The sneaker leaves his team to hold the line and sometimes it costs dearly, sometimes it wins the game.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Acegirl, Gannet, dognamitt

SNEAKING OR STRATEGY 8 years 9 months ago #285388

• darraxx
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 10674
The only time I don't like sneakers .is when it's four or five on one guy .is it still a tactic?yes but some respect should be giving to the the one or two guys .
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gannet, {GI} E*A*G*L*E

SNEAKING OR STRATEGY 8 years 9 months ago #285393

• dognamitt
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Yes sir i do but i wasalone with 3 against me the other day and a mental note is taken to whom these peopleare and the same love shall be given in return (You Know Who You Are)

darraxx wrote: The only time I don't like sneakers .is when it's four or five on one guy .is it still a tactic?yes but some respect should be giving to the the one or two guys .

SNEAKING OR STRATEGY 8 years 9 months ago #285394

• KoolKatWarrior
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • (A.K.A. Dr. Budd)
  • Thank you received: 107
I don't care if I'm flying against 15 MORAFs, I'll still fly straight down the middle and take them all on... even if I understand I'll lose, but who cares? :lol: I'm a One Man Army, after all...
Hey DogFight... It's been awhile

SNEAKING OR STRATEGY 8 years 9 months ago #285397

• [NLR] McFate
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Don't believe everything you think.
  • Thank you received: 5398
My wise young son (Cat of doom) insists that it is disrespectful for me to go easy on him when we play chess because it makes him feel that I don't consider him to be a worthy opponent.

He says that as long as I always play hard, when he finally wins it will be a very sweet victory.
;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: [LB] Pedrinho, dognamitt

Last edit: by [NLR] McFate.

SNEAKING OR STRATEGY 8 years 9 months ago #285608

• slyguy
  • Thank you received: 143

interesting points made, I'd like to contribute and get some opinions as I had a BTC game a day or two ago where I was pretty much the only effective player on my team. I'd played straight down the middle to drop 4 bombs (2 trips) on the ship, later on got shot down and managed to land 6 tank shells. So far so good, pretty happy with that

Players had joined and quit on both sides throughout the game, anyway it ended up with my team having one player who never took off at all from our ship, and another who was an aspirant (or level 1 or 2) who I don't think scored any kills either. There was one other player whose name starts with N who is a few levels lower than me. The reds however had three or four higher ranking players, I can't remember exactly but at least one moraf (maybe two). They'd started to gain advantage by attacking in formation every wave, and it was only me and N to defend.
I flew wide at one point and drew one of them in a chase, but got shot down. After N and I cleared the reds from our ship I tried going wide again and this time no-one noticed or followed, they were too busy bombing my ship. I joked to N "now's your chance to sneak" - he does this in every game I've seen him in, he said ok but left the game a few minutes later, so I decided to follow through with sneaking as I only needed to drop one more bomb to win. The way I figured it I was outnumbered 3 or 4 to 1, even if on paper I had 3 on my team. So I win the game and log off.

The next day when I play I get abused by the Moraf in the game chat when we end up in the same game (he was a Misfit but I'll leave his name out of this), calling me a coward & scumbag, and successfully telling my teammates to quit the game, every game I join he quits if he is blue but not before continuing with harassment and getting the others to quit as well. Finally we are on opposite teams, and he spends the whole game dropping so he can shoot me down, abusing etc.... but then goes on to kill all my the teammates who are carrying bombs whilst he spent the whole game as a dropper (who's the coward and scumbag?)
Then to top it off I'm in another game later and one of my blues calls me a sneaker scum, I'm thinking who the hell is this guy, am I a topic on the world chat??? Pretty bummed out for a while

Anyway this is the first and only time I have sneaked in months, so the reaction to it got me thinking wow, is there a new rule I don't know about, what's going on in the forums? Searched the word 'sneak' and found this thread, and some of the posts made me think maybe the Moraf who hassled me is just a sore loser
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] McFate, {GI} E*A*G*L*E, banditt

SNEAKING OR STRATEGY 8 years 9 months ago #285627

• {GI} E*A*G*L*E
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Long live GI
  • Thank you received: 3213
Just sounds like sore losers to me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: slyguy, [NLR] McFate

SNEAKING OR STRATEGY 8 years 9 months ago #285634

• SkyDavis
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • 111th Falcon squad
  • Thank you received: 836

Dognamitt wrote: After a pretty long game this morning against Sir davey crockett it was hard pushin up the middle so i decided a little bit of strategy was needed .
i went wide a few times and scored a few hangars wile my comrades where being slaughtered.And sometimes i was sneaking just in his view to draw him away from my team so they had a chance to get thu the middle
after the game i was on the phone with Davey he said it was the best game he had in a long time and didnt understand why people get all bent out of shape and start calling people sneakers ect he said he had the thrill of trying to work out who was coming from where and he enjoyed the hunt
great game davey always enjoy you being a red

Thats the way games should be. A challenge to know were your enemy is so when you out number them you can beat them even if the pilot is rambo.
The following user(s) said Thank You: [LB] Pedrinho, [NLR] McFate

SNEAKING OR STRATEGY 8 years 9 months ago #285644

• Rudolf Rednose
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 2783
Such a small map, and still not everyone is happy.

I hope the map in DF Elite is múch bigger, with multiple airfields or allied bombers spawning from the left edge of the map and axis interceptors from the east edge of the map. With multiple targets and strategic routes to approach them. I hope the targets will not be known to the enemy. The intercepting team will have to spread out, figuering out if the enemy will go for the bridge, for the artillery guns, for the railway line? Sneaking is the way it should be done.
It would be stupid to just fly a to b.

Help us out here Zup.......what's it gonna be?
The following user(s) said Thank You: SkyDavis, [LB] Pedrinho, [NLR] McFate, Gannet, {GI} E*A*G*L*E, banditt

Last edit: by Rudolf Rednose.

SNEAKING OR STRATEGY 8 years 9 months ago #285648

• SkyDavis
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • 111th Falcon squad
  • Thank you received: 836

Rudolf Rednose wrote: Such a small map, and still not everyone is happy.

I hope the map in DF Elite is múch bigger, with multiple airfields or allied bombers spawning from the left edge of the map and axis interceptors from the east edge of the map. With multiple targets and stratigic routes to approach them. I hope the targets will not be known to the enemy. The intercepting team will have to spread out, figuering out if the enemy will go for the bridge, for the artillery guns, for the railway line? Sneaking is the way it should be done.
It would be stupid to just fly a to b.

Help us out here Zup.......what's it gonna be?

That would be epic. For now Play the game how you like. Do what ever you like but don’t spawnkill. Spawnkilling is the only dishonorable thing because it is the only time your opponent has no way to fight back. Camping a base and engaging aircraft a few seconds after they have gotten in the air is fair because they can maneuver and do funky stuff to get on your tail. Sneaking to bomb is perfectly fine because enemy players should notice your absence from going up the middle of the field and can counter it from there.
The following user(s) said Thank You: [LB] Pedrinho, [NLR] McFate, 111th| Heroicz

SNEAKING OR STRATEGY 8 years 9 months ago #285767

• [LB] Pedrinho
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • I took the RED PILL!
  • Thank you received: 2425
Thanks for the bump, dognamitt. And for those who doesnt know it yet, Playing Mantis is little me.
I told Dognamitt about the excessive "politically-correct-B.S." that are making this game BORING, and told him I was about to write some ouflow about people who cares way too much about sneakers, droppers, campers, etc. For me, people who wants everybody playing the same "respectfull-and-correct" way are simply IDIOTS.
The more powerfull weapon we have is our BRAINS - and sadly the huge majority on this forum just dont use it - and for those who say "your playing style reflects your real-life behavior and personality", I say: that`s the dumbest thing I`ve ever heard / read here. Go learn some psicology before saying such stupidity. If it was true, everybody who plays poquer is a low-life-liar, everybody who practice boxe is violent and so on.
Its a matter of taste: I dont sneak all the time cuz its boring, and middle fight is more fun; but I sneak some times, and I do it EVERYTIME I feel in need to do it to win.
Some days ago I even spawnkilled from tank, to supress fire to help my rookie teammate to pick the flag - instesd of doing the stupid choice of picking it with tank, which is an obviously bad idea, given the turtle speed of that thing.
As Bubi saidm I play for my team, and I play to WIN.
Its just a game, there is no place for politicaly-correct bullsheeeeet.

I took the RED PILL!
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] McFate, Gannet

Last edit: by [LB] Pedrinho.

SNEAKING OR STRATEGY 8 years 9 months ago #285768

• [LB] Pedrinho
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • I took the RED PILL!
As I said, Sky, even spawnkilling is ok in my humble opinion, cuz its circumventable - even when its done by tank! All you need to do is time your take off and kill the turtle. The only thing is really bad is TEAMKILLING. But for this, the game itself has a remedy.

I took the RED PILL!

SNEAKING OR STRATEGY 8 years 9 months ago #285769

• [*M] bware
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • raised on a moisture farm, moved to a point farm
  • Thank you received: 2173
This all may be true, but if you partake in such playing style you have to expect that some may get angry. It's human nature. Go ahead and do it I say, just know there will be reactions from time to time.

SNEAKING OR STRATEGY 8 years 9 months ago #285770

• [LB] Pedrinho
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • I took the RED PILL!
I`m 45 years old, bware... I can handle anger - at least on multiplayer-games.
And to make things clear, I am not a spawnkiller, I just do it for a clear and imediate goal/purpose. I just cant stand all this "ethic/honor" preaching on a simple mobile game universe, as if we were talking about real-life!!

I took the RED PILL!

SNEAKING OR STRATEGY 8 years 9 months ago #285772

• [*M] bware
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Last edit: by [*M] bware. Reason: This is supposed to be a civilized debate

SNEAKING OR STRATEGY 8 years 9 months ago #285776

• [LB] Pedrinho
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • I took the RED PILL!

[*M] bware wrote: .

:huh:

[Insert brazilian lack of knowledge about non-latin humor here]

I took the RED PILL!
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M] bware

SNEAKING OR STRATEGY 8 years 9 months ago #285778

• [*M] bware
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

[LB] Pedrinho wrote:

[*M] bware wrote: .

:huh:

[Insert brazilian lack of knowledge about non-latin humor here]

Sorry. I wrote something else and didn't like how it looked so I removed it. Peace :)

Last edit: by [*M] bware. Reason: I tend to get all worked-up about stuff sometimes

SNEAKING OR STRATEGY 8 years 9 months ago #285779

• [LB] Pedrinho
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • I took the RED PILL!
Lol, bware, no problem!
Good night, bed time.
:)

I took the RED PILL!
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M] bware